Runners - How often do you run?

Options

Replies

• sarita446
    sarita446 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I run 4 miles 2-3x per week depending on the weather and the days fesitivies. I try to do some strength training on the days that I don't run. Just started P90x this week.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week.
  • renwicker
    renwicker Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight by running about 5 days a week. Since then, I have cut way down and focused more on strength training, with a little cardio thrown in. Right now I have been running about 3miles/2days a week. Sometimes less if I go for a bike ride instead. I have a couple races coming up in september tho, so I should probably start training a little harder for those. I do miss running on a more regular basis.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Typically 3-4 days a week.

Buuuuuuut - inevitably another one gets added in if ever I get ticked off at life, or need to escape my reality.

Distance is completely dependent on my mood, but is never less than 5k and has only once been over 10k
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Usually 4 days a week (tues, thurs, sat and sunday). Long run on Sunday (usually 8-10 miles) and rest of days between 3 to 5 miles right now. I do strength training on Monday Wednesday and Friday. Some weeks I take a rest day on Saturday and do nothing but I have trouble being still so that usually doesn't happen. lol.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm new to running, but I'll go 2-2.5 miles, 3-4 days a week. Usually Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat. I'm still run/walking part of that though.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I run 5 times a week. Four runs of 4-6miles and then a long of 10-15miles.
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I run 7 days a week, probably 4.5 miles a day on average.

I am happy to see other runners that go on a run daily, because I was starting to wonder if I was hurting my body by overdoing it.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I would like to run 3 to 4 days a week, but I haven't been meeting that "goal" here lately. Its just too darned hot (but that isn't an excuse, because I have a gym membership)
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    I've just recently started running and I'm running 3x a week. As a beginner, I'm proud of that. I'm doing about 1.5 miles and I'm working my way up slowly. I have fibromyalgia and RA so I'm really freaking proud of being able to run that!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    4 times per week:

M, W, F - 10-12 km
    Sa - 15-20 km
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    i am currently training for a half-marathon in the fall & this week's plan has 3x 3mile runs, mid-week w a 5-mile run on saturday... It bumps up to 2x3-mile runs + 1x4mile run midweek w a 6-m run on saturday next week. ... so i guess i would say i run 4x a week, though the duration of those runs is ramping up until late September :)

I have very bad knees and really need to ramp up my mileage slowly and carefully, taking care to spread out my midweek training days, if need be (Hal Higdon Novice 2 plan i am using calls for runs Tues, Weds and Thurs which can prove challenging as the weeks roll by. SOmetimes i switch to a M, W, Th routine. This is my 2nd half (running) and 3rd overall (did one as a walker), but i still consider myself a "newbie".:smile:
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I run most mornings with my dogs, generally 2-2.5miles

I then run a further 3 times a week between 3 and 6 miles, although I am doing a half marathon in September so the miles will start increasing.

Weekly mileage is normally around 15-20 miles.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Right now... three days a week

Sunday - 6 to 11 miles
    Wednesday - 3 miles
    Friday - 3 to 4.5 miles

Thinking about doing a full marathon next year, so I will definitely need to increase my time spend running. :smile:
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I run/ walk (I am just starting out) 5-6 times a week. I also do Stairs on those days :)
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I've just recently started running and I'm running 3x a week. As a beginner, I'm proud of that. I'm doing about 1.5 miles and I'm working my way up slowly. I have fibromyalgia and RA so I'm really freaking proud of being able to run that!

well done you that is a great start, more so with your health issues. Good luck with increasing :flowerforyou:
  • hannibal28
    hannibal28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I run 6 days a week usually 4 to 6 miles at a time.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options

Congratulations on your transition into running! You have every right to be proud! :drinker:
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've been running every other day, but when my half marathon training starts at the end of this month, I'll be running 3 days in a row, 4 days total/week.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I follow the Run Less Run Faster plan - which is 3 intense running days. Monday - Speed Intervals - Wednesday Tempo Run - Friday or Saturday Long Run. I'm in week 3 of marathon training - I will run 18 miles tomorrow. My weekly mileage will be 30 total for the week. I bike 2 days on Tuesday and Thursday.