How to track this?

Options
I spend two mornings a week in a preschool classroom. Today, the kids convinced me to be the monster on the playground. This means that I spent 20 minutes chasing them. I wasn't just running though. I climbed ladders and steps, went down the slide, etc. How could I track that?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Weird stuff like that, either try to figure out what effort it was comparable to for you, or just record it as moderate paced walking.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I wouldn't bother tracking it. I'd just keep it in my back pocket knowing that you burned a few extra calories today.......
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I wouldn't bother tracking it. I'd just keep it in my back pocket knowing that you burned a few extra calories today.......

This^^
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options

This or circuit training. You kind of activates the whole body when running after kids so... ;)
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options

^^^^^ This Im a director at a preschool 2 days a week I work within different classroom...i just dont claim it
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

^^This. If I am not actually stepping up to "exercise" then I don't log it. So today I have to take the stairs because the elevator is out of order I won't log it. I hate taking the stairs :blushing:
  • Starqueg
    Starqueg Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks all. I ended up not tracking it. I don't think I would have even considered it if I hadn't gotten out of breath. However, I think that was more due to it being over 80* at that point and my body hates the heat.
  • KaraBahama
    KaraBahama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This may seem a bit much but try using the fitbit tracker. I have one and it works with this site. It's pretty amazing as it tracks stairs, calorie burn, steps, workout length, has a clock and a stop waatch too.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I wouldn't count it, since it's part of your job, which should be considered part of your regular daily activity.