protein problems

Options
2»

Replies

• Giniac
    Giniac Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Meat, Fish, Eggs, Greek Yoghurt, Cheese, Nuts, Veg.

If you're still having trouble getting to the numbers you want you can also get whey protein powder. Better to get it from real sources though imo.

I wouldn't got for nuts personally. They're a waste of calories, because of the high fats so after you've had a handful you've waste something like 200 calories (depending on type) and they've done nothing to help the hunger.

Nuts are generally higher in fat than they are protein, but for nutrition, you can't do much better. The fat is healthy fat (Omega-3, etc.), and they're packed full or various essential nutrients and minerals that are hard to find in other places.

I say, if you want to eat fewer calories, eat the nuts with fruit that have a low density of sugars (apples, watermelon, etc.). That way, you'll still be eating higher volume, but the calorie intake will be lower. Don't eat nuts with crackers, as crackers aren't as filling, and are more calorie dense.

Added: Just don't eat a LOT of nuts. 10-30g (depending on you calorie budget) is enough.

I've just done some more research into nuts and their benefits. I was wrong. :blushing:
    Nuts are good are a good source of healthy fats, so if you like nuts, go for them and follow what's been said.
    Also for the fish, try to get oily ones. They'll also be high in the omega's. :smile:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I've just done some more research into nuts and their benefits. I was wrong. :blushing:
    Nuts are good are a good source of healthy fats, so if you like nuts, go for them and follow what's been said.
    Also for the fish, try to get oily ones. They'll also be high in the omega's. :smile:

^
    I like this guy! Very rare occurence here on mfp that you see someone admit something like that instead of just arguing their case stubbornly! Good for you Giniac! :drinker:
  • ladyNpurple1
    Options
    I have found a wonderful Portein Drink that is yummy, has 30 grams of protein, 3 fat grams 25 cholesterol only 330 grams of Sodium, Potassium 39 grams, Total Carb 3, Dietary Fiber 2 g and only 1 gram of Sugar. I found it at Costco the name is Premier Nutrition High Protein Vanilla or Chocolate Shake. I also blend berries in the vanilla one along with ice. Truly yummy only 160 calories. Hope this helps!! :love: :wink: