Whats with all the runners on MFP

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
and profile pics of them with running shoes on?

Isn't there perhaps a more modest way to show off the fact that they run?

:P

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Lol, I know. Freakin sneaker shots. If a stranger asked you to show them your sneakers would you???
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Those wings don't have enough buffalo sauce to cover up. I'd suggest changing it to a picture of wings with a thick, mesquite bar-be-que sauce because I don't want to see any skin on this website.
    -wtk

Postscript: I actually find bar-be-que sauce to be pretty unappealing. Flay me if you wish.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    Those wings don't have enough buffalo sauce to cover up. I'd suggest changing it to a picture of wings with a thick, mesquite bar-be-que sauce because I don't want to see any skin on this website.
    -wtk

Postscript: I actually find bar-be-que sauce to be pretty unappealing. Flay me if you wish.

I actually hate bbq sauce myself.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    Lol, I know. Freakin sneaker shots. If a stranger asked you to show them your sneakers would you???
    H-E-L-L no! I have class!

Have some standards, people.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I personally am offended by all the people just airing their shoe business like it's something that I want to see.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Being that I have a foot fetish, it gets me all bothered and I need everyone to conform to my view of life.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Much better.

nude-runners-1.jpg?w=529
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    All the runners on MFP have figured out that running is a great cardio exercise that you can do practically anywhere, and the only equipment required is a decent pair of shoes. I personally hate running, but have embraced it as part of an overall fitness regime. I love playing soccer; to participate, I must run.

Since I still consider my body a work in progress, I'm not big on posing for pictures. The action photo in my profile was the most recently available one (happens to be a pic from a mud run) that shows my current body size. Sure, I'm a little proud of the fact that my calves look muscular as I'm trudging along...but ultimately, I'm posting the pic as motivation for myself rather than as a way to "brag."

I don't have a problem with your choice to post chicken wings (which I also happen to love). Ease up on people who are trying to better themselves--we're all in this together.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

LOVE!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I think the worst is when you can see the grass behind them in the picture and it hasn't been mowed! I mean mow your lawn people!
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    All the runners on MFP have figured out that running is a great cardio exercise that you can do practically anywhere, and the only equipment required is a decent pair of shoes. I personally hate running, but have embraced it as part of an overall fitness regime. I love playing soccer; to participate, I must run.

Since I still consider my body a work in progress, I'm not big on posing for pictures. The action photo in my profile was the most recently available one (happens to be a pic from a mud run) that shows my current body size. Sure, I'm a little proud of the fact that my calves look muscular as I'm trudging along...but ultimately, I'm posting the pic as motivation for myself rather than as a way to "brag."

I don't have a problem with your choice to post chicken wings (which I also happen to love). Ease up on people who are trying to better themselves--we're all in this together.

My apologies if you thought I was being serious. I was actually using this as a way to mock other theads that come about.

I assure you, you are doing an awesome job. :)
  • twinmom14ek
    Options
    The minute I hit post, I second-guessed the seriousness of it all. Guess I'm in that late-day office funk...struggling today after the holiday. Hope I wasn't too much of a buzz-kill.

Carry on with the frivolity!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    :devil:

My apologies if you thought I was being serious. I was actually using this as a way to mock other theads that come about.

Im glad you posted this and that I read down a little further because I was about to insult your picture
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

I went a step farther (with a picture of me actually running) because I'm just vulgar like that.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I have zero pictures of me running, but if there were I'd be carrying scissors

BAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:laugh:
  • KyleBigler
    KyleBigler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just can't believe that in this day and age, we still have people who tie their self-worth to their running shoes. Like I'm not as important because I either didn't pay for a nice pair of shoes, or that I'm not worth their time because I'm not comfortable showing them off.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    :devil:

Im glad you posted this and that I read down a little further because I was about to insult your picture
    uh oh. Maybe it's time to go back to the chicken wing pic!
  • KyleBigler
    KyleBigler Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I went a step farther (with a picture of me actually running) because I'm just vulgar like that.

Have you no decency? Don't you realize my kids sometimes see me on this site? Sheesh.
  • twinmom14ek
    Options

Yeah, stick it to those overly-earnest people! :drinker: