Men and Women are so different

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I typically shop with a mission. Today's mission was "get shorts that actually fit your *kitten*." And I did get three pair, but I have the attention span of a kitten (Ooh, look! A string!) so I also got two shirts, a pair of sandals (which I did need because the sandals I bought a few years ago are falling apart) and a ring, just because it was cute and would bump my purchase up enough to qualify for a $10 coupon.

And I "saved" almost $200, while spending about $60.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    girlfriend needs to see this to know that its not just me that thinks that.

bookmarked for later.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    o.k I am guilty. Me and my older daughters used to make a hobby out of shopping. We used to do all day shopping trips and spend 6+ hrs at the mall constantly. But I think we all got burned out because now none of us like to go to the mall :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh we still like to shop just not at the mall :smile:
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I shop like a man. Sales? Coupons? Psh, whatever. I save enough money by shopping only when I need to and buying only what I need. If something happens to be on sale, it's a plus, but I don't go just because something is marked down.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Everything I wear is bought by a woman. I only shop for tools guns and home remodeling supplies.

Just the way it is!

This is so totally my husband!

Too bad you live so far away sound like the kinda guy I like to hang out with.

Git er' done!
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Also, I used to love to shop, until I gained my weight and nothing looked good. So once I am down to my goal weight, I look forward to some shopping!

This! I like shopping when I end up finding stuff that looks good but right now, I go when I absolutely have to and dread it. Most of the time, I end up in the dressing room or at home crying because I'm so frustrated with myself! I can't WAIT for the day when I actually enjoy shopping 100%, start to finish!
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Everything I wear is bought by a woman. I only shop for tools guns and home remodeling supplies.

Just the way it is!

It's an alpha male thing! when my girls say they are goin shopping i only have two words for them

"SEE YA"
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    While everything you wrote in your OP is God's truth, if I am seen agreeing with it by my four daughters (aged 15, 19, 21, and 23) and my wife, they will emaculate me even more than normal and make me shop for their tampons. Again.

But you are SO RIGHT ON!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    very funny :-) i generally agree but i managed to get an exception to the rule.

my husband and i both love to shop. in our new place there is a small walk in closet and a HUGE reach in. the reach in will be his. that man is a clothes horse!!

when we started dating i think he wasn't that into shopping but came along to spend time with me. now he shops for a new dress shirt, ties, socks, pants (anything!) on his lunch break most days. he comes home almost once a week with a bag from macy's or the rack. i think the fact that his office is smack dab in the middle of one of the world's top shopping destinations may play a part also.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    LOL I am guilty of SOME of those female crimes, but not the coupons bit. I haven't been shopping in so long though due to lack of money, it's depressing lol.

I do have a question regarding this though:

If, for some reason, I get home and decide in a few days I don’t really like it, do I take it back? Nope. I’ll be polishing my motorcycle with it.

How can you afford to be doing that lol? I could never afford to buy clothes and then polish something with it!

Also, the shopping online thing is always a bit dodgy, as I'm not sure if it's the same in the US, but over here (UK) sizes seem to vary slightly from shop to shop. One shop in particular which is very cheap I ALWAYS have to buy a size bigger because their sizes are weird, and everyone I know has the same issues! Yet if I go somewhere that's a bit more expensive my size fits. Maybe it's because they're so cheap lol.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    Also, the shopping online thing is always a bit dodgy, as I'm not sure if it's the same in the US, but over here (UK) sizes seem to vary slightly from shop to shop.

it is nuts here...but only in women's clothes. a size 12 one place might be an 8 in another or a 16 in another. men's clothes are in inches or basic s-xl sizing. my husband can always rely that a large shirt will fit him just right. even when it is from a shop where i can find a medium or an xl that fits me. a 16 falling off and a 16 to tight to button.
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I believe it goes back to neanderthal times.

Women needed to gather all different kinds of berries, fruit, nuts, etc we needed to be able to find the best, ripest, juiciest. We needed baskets to carry said items and good shoes as we had to wander long distances to find said items. We would go in groups because it was safer and of course had to stop to eat along the way. When we got back we would have to show all the gathered items to our mate to justify why we were late and his dinner wasn't ready.

You guys just had to find a deer, kill it and drag it home.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    *backslap/highfive!*

Seriously man...we must be related. I just bought a shirt two weeks ago...somehow don't like it now (it took me ten minutes to realize it was the one I bought two weeks ago...seriously), and used it to wipe down my bike after the rainstorm yesterday.

/shrug
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Just the way it is!

Its usually me...but my daughter isn't old enough to shop for me yet lol, and I'm single.

Soooo....I buy $15 polishing cloths every couple months lol :).
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I am a big clothes purger. I give clothing I no longer like, fit it to, or wear to friends, sisters, or goodwill. I only take up half the small-ish master closet with my clothes.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Just the way it is!

I also shop for my husband. When I met him most of his clothing was purchased by the last girl friend who shopped for him. Unfortunately they broke up in 1992 and it was then 2002. I don't know why the girls he dated between her and I let him dress that way. Remember those dress shirts without a collar? Yeah, he still had several of those. And light denim CK jean shorts.
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Wow...very insightful observation. I am so guilty of all of the above. It makes me happy though! :D
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't shop. I go buy things I need.

Unfortunately, when I need clothing, I get frustrated and give up, since I never can find what I like in the size I need (6'5" with 37" arms is a weird size).

Luckily, SWMBO likes to shop, and ends up buying about 90% of my clothing. It's win-win.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love to shop! I also prefer bargain shopping. Yesterday, however, my hubby made the mistake of asking why I bought shoes at Payless after having spent some time at Macy's (came out of there with two blouses on sale). When I explained the cost difference, he responded with "I just would've bought the shoes at Macy's." Big mistake...guess who returned the Payless shoes and went to Macy's today?*lol*

My husband hates to shop, but will go when he needs something and never tries things on. Unfortunately, he waits a few days, then tries them on and decides he doesn't like how it fits, but doesn't want to go through the trouble of returning it. He won't let me return items because he thinks I'll take the opportunity to spend even more money. Can't imagine why?*lol*
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    :laugh: this is so true!

Hanging my head in shame because I shop like a man. :ohwell: