Food is gross?

Options
Okay so I just realized these message boards would be a good place to ask this; Has anyone experienced appetite change or loss without it being linked to something else (like stress or colds)? In the past few days food has seemed really gross to me, except when I get really super hungry. The taste, appearance, smell and everything seems so disgusting. Also, once I'm full I go right back to this. I am drinking more though, water and coffee. I used to forget water all the time but now I'm just always thirsty. Maybe it's because it's summer? I don't know. I don't really mind but I sort of wish I understood it.

Btw, I'm not pregnant or sick and I haven't made any changes to my exercise habits.

Replies

• NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Answer this honestly please: How do you feel about your body? Do you want to lose weight? How much?
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I find that when I really try to eat mindfully-- stop and look at and smell and really pay attention to my food-- sometimes I think it's gross, too. I think that's a good thing. Our body can tell us when, what and how much to eat. We need to learn to listen.

Not sure if that's what's going on with you, though. Maybe you're just coming down with something? Do healthy foods like fruit and vegetables seem gross, too?
  • AddictionForBeauty
    Options
    Well, I've had issues with eating disorders but this isn't like that, I'm more relaxed about food, meaning I eat whatever I want when I'm hungry but I just haven't had much of an appetite. I'm pretty sure that it's not because of my body image. I think I want to lose 20-25 lbs but I don't really care how much I weight, I just want to look thin and be fit. I weight 125 lbs (My profile says 120, I didn't have access to a scale when I made an account) and I'm 5'4.
  • AddictionForBeauty
    Options
    Plain healthy foods like nuts, apples, and vegetables look good, but they still taste off and have a bad texture.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I feel this way every summer, anytime it is hot out, i just really don't have much of an appetite and nothing sounds good
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Most women get uncontrollably hungry right before their TOM, I get full and have to remind myself to eat. I don't think it's gross though...it's just not appealing to me.