Your wtf i need to get in shape moment.

Options
Gioooo
Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
Why did you decide to lose weight? Was there an event that took place that made you realize? A comment someone made? A medical reason?

Mine was this picture. CIMG1716.jpg
I looked at it and was mortified. I played college soccer and was in great shape for most of my life. I got into a long term relationship and kind of 'let myself go'. Ate whatever I wanted, never worked out. Basically just became a lazy *ss.

SO what was yours?

Replies

• reereejandro
    reereejandro Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The B**** at Juicy Couture that asked when I was due and touched my stomach..... wow I heard of that happening but never thought it would happen to me!

Also, going into stores and trying stuff on and never finding anything that looked good :(

But 17lbs down now :)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    When taking only one flight of stairs made me pant like I'd just tried to run a mile...
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Had to squeeze into a size 20 pants and my doctor told me I would die if I didn't lose weight!
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and read "168". :cry:
    Now I am 138LBS, just recently entered the 130's for the first time in 10 years :smile:
  • teinepalagi
    teinepalagi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had friends visit after my second child was born. The last time they saw me was at my wedding (80 pounds lighter). I looked at those pictures and then my wedding pictures and I looked like I ate myself. It was bad.

They were too nice to say anything, but the look of surprise on their faces when they saw me was pretty devastating as well.

Now, I'm 56 pounds down (23 on MFP)....still trying to get the motivation to finish it off!
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My jeans were getting too tight and I was getting to the point I was going to have to go up ANOTHER size!! No thank you! I refused and now I fit comfortably in a size smaller. Can't wait to squeeze into my goal jeans, LOL! :)
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I went from about 120 to 190 in a matter of months. I developed pre-diabetes, couldn't get out of bed, walk up stairs, etc. (I gained weight due to medication, so the weight and medication combination obviously did those things). I smoked then, and a group of *kitten* 20-somethings yelled at me for smoking while pregnant. That didn't necessarily motivate me, but it did make me angry (haha). I'm now 105 pounds. Am I a better person/happier/whatever? Not necessarily. But I kicked obesity's *kitten*, and I'm proud of myself for that.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    When my jean size kept going up, clothes, sizes basically.
  • cochico
    cochico Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    After a series of psychedelic experiences I realized I wasn't treating my body right.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Umm.. never being happy in my own skin and just thinking to myself one day "I gotta do this now, or it will never happen."

You actually look really gorgeous in the picture btw. <3
  • girlyathlete21
    girlyathlete21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This summer when I realized I love water sports but that means I have to wear a bathing suit... Which is definitely not "fat girl friendly"....
  • SemperFi91
    SemperFi91 Posts: 169
    Options
    I have two.

1: Dad just recently had a heart attack and triple bypass and said that it will run in the family.

The other

2: I love carnival rides and roller coasters I waited in line for ever just to be told that i was too fat to ride in now i can ride whatever the heck i want though i still have a lot more to go im determined to look good! =)
  • 1RBelle512
    1RBelle512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sort of surprised to admit this, because I hadn't thought about it really-- It was a BOY. I had a crush on a guy friend of mine. We went to play tennis together and I had to rest after like 15 minutes. He was into running and stuff, and I realized I would have to get in shape in order to spend more time with him. So, we didn't end up dating, but I'm so glad I got in shape! I guess I learned to like myself even more than I liked him :D
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I had 3 weddings to attend over a 6 month period and nothing to wear. Shopping for dresses in the plus-size section was depressing enough, but then my older sister set her date right in the middle of the other weddings and decided on a beach wedding. I realized I wouldn't be comfortable at any of the weddings (or in a swimsuit) if I didn't lose some weight. 55 pounds down and all of the weddings are behind me now and I'm still trying to get the last few pounds off.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    When I realized I could log roll faster then I could jog.
  • SMBL2
    SMBL2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When my youngest turned 2 and I could no longer blame it on the baby weight.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    My "WTF, I need to get in shape" moment was just now, when I read this. :tongue:
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Was in a racial riot and was on a tactical team, I was trying to rescue a couple of older inmates. I had to carry one of the gentlemen that had got hit in the head with a fire hydrant. While carrying him my knee gave out and popped out of place...dislocated. I had to "bang" it back into place and suck up the pain.

In spite of the excruciating pain and adrenaline rush, my biggest obstacle that day was my wind. There wasn't enough wind in my lungs to help me move fast enough to rush back and help out some more. I've always told myself that I would never get caught in a situation like that where I wasn't going to be able to save someone's life because of my lack of conditioning.

That was my WTF moment.
  • ladyprofaz
    ladyprofaz Posts: 66
    Options
    When I couldn't walk 1/4 mile without pain and the physical therapist looked at me and said, "Your back is going to hurt until you lose weight and start exercising." That was November 2011 and 63 pounds ago. I still have 27 more to go and I intend to finish what I started because I feel and look so much better! Thank goodness for direct, non-nonsense PT.
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When i looked at a picture of myself at my daughter's birthday, realized thre was no deffinition between my head/neck/boobs/stomach. Just a round mess.....