Your wtf i need to get in shape moment.

Options

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    When the doctor said I was pre-diabetic. I had gestational diabetes twice, have done the finger pricks and insulin...and don't want to do it for the rest of my life. I'm done having kids, now it's time to work on me. I've lost 15 pounds so far, and I'm working on more.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My "WTF, I need to get in shape" moment was just now, when I read this. :tongue:

glad we could all help ;)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I got a super cozy sweatshirt from Old Navy. I loved it so much. One day I put it on and It was so tight it was no longer cozy or comfy.

THEN...

During a convo. with my 4yr old, she expressed her desire to have a pimple because "I" had one. I explained to her that those are not good things and not to wish for them... she says, "but I want to be just like you mom." (Flaws and all!) That hit me like a slap in the face. I have GOT to change.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    My moment is that sometime in the next year, my husband and I will probably start trying to have a baby, and I guess it seems sorta of backwards, but I want to be very fit and healthy before-hand, so that I can keep it up during and after pregnancy.... a healthy start for the baby and lots easier to get back into the shape I want to be in than to wait and be trying to lose baby weight, plus the extra 5 or so that i'd like to be rid of now.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and read "168". :cry:
    Now I am 138LBS, just recently entered the 130's for the first time in 10 years :smile:

Lol I could have written this....except I was in the 130s two years ago. I don't ever want to see the 160s again!
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I was 17 and I went up to this girl I had really liked for sometime to ask her out and she pretty much said straight out " you're too fat for me" from that point on I knew I had to get in shape.
  • drewols
    drewols Posts: 77
    Options
    Someone complimented my new chin on Facebook.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I was never in great shape, especially since I finished my high school P.E. requirement, and being a 'newlywed' I have definitely put on the lbs... back to my record heavy at 170, 5' 6.5." I started MFP at 165.5, which is about where I hover when my Diet changes on a weekly basis. =P (MFP has helped me get started on ONE plan and one plan only, haha). Here's my "WTF" moment:

I knew I SHOULD be doing something about it, but it wasn't until I tried to hike down to the river with my hubby that I realized I needed to start yesterday. =P I literally couldn't get up the hill. My asthma was bad and I started panicking (it didn't help that I forgot my inhaler) and it took about an hour and 10 "breaks" to manage it. Crazy. My husband and I were both really shocked at how bad it was (I'm only 21). I started crying and apologizing because I knew it was just because I refused to take my overall health seriously.

That was 4 weeks ago. Since then I have exercised every week at the track, walking laps and running the bleacher stairs. I'm considering bumping it up to the C25K program (I am NOT a runner, I hate it, haha), which I have tried & failed before (after one week). And MFP has helped me a lot with my diet already! I have high hopes that I can actually meet my goal this time, and make that damn hike by the end of the summer! ;)
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    I have a picture stapled to the first page of my weight loss journal. This is the ONLY before picture I keep around and it's all I need. Picture this:

* I'm at the company picnic sitting at a picnic table.
    * The shot is taken from half behind
    * My butt hangs WAY over the bench seat
    * My tummy is hanging out of my shorts just a little bit
    * I am shoving a burger in my face (Really? We had to capture THAT?!)
    * Until I saw that picture, I thought I looked pretty cute that day.

That was 12 years ago. That picture still motivates me. Underneath it I have written "I WILL NOT GO BACK TO THIS!"
  • noellyenciso
    Options
    THE MOMENT I REALIZED THAT MY SIZE 12 PANTS WERE FITTING TOO TIGHT IT SCARED ME.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My moment is that sometime in the next year, my husband and I will probably start trying to have a baby, and I guess it seems sorta of backwards, but I want to be very fit and healthy before-hand, so that I can keep it up during and after pregnancy.... a healthy start for the baby and lots easier to get back into the shape I want to be in than to wait and be trying to lose baby weight, plus the extra 5 or so that i'd like to be rid of now.

Not backwards... smart.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Two things......

1.) I went to the zoo and the elephants threw me peanuts.

2.) I got on an electric scale and it said, "one at a time please".
  • joypeaceloveall
    Options
    A dear friend put their arms around me and held me and I realized that I did not want extra weight coming between me and getting physically close to people. I began my weight loss journey the very next day.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I was 17 and I went up to this girl I had really liked for sometime to ask her out and she pretty much said straight out " you're too fat for me" from that point on I knew I had to get in shape.

You're probably way out of her league now, so well done.

Mine was when I went to my doctor's and she wanted me to start taking medicine to lower triglycerides, and I decided that I am tired of relying on medicines to fix things I can fix myself. That and the fact that I was NOT going to buy clothes any larger.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Two things......

1.) I went to the zoo and the elephants threw me peanuts.

2.) I got on an electric scale and it said, "one at a time please".

bahahha. hate when that happens
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    Everything kind of hit all at once.

About a year and a half ago I met up with a friend of the family who I had not seen in 2 years (she is a couple of years younger than I am) and she said "So, what cha been doing since I saw you last... well, except for getting chunky". Obviously the look on my face indicated my shock as she immediately started back pedaling.

Flash forward about a year and all at once my larger pants were getting tight, my blood pressure skyrocketed, and my blood sugar was way too high. Then at the same time I met up with family and when my folks took a picture of me with my aunt and i reviewed it on their phone, I said out loud "omg, i'm fat". It struck me.

I am a guy but looked pregnant since my body type makes me have skinny arms and legs but a big ol' santa belly.

That was my moment.
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    Oh yeah, and I couldn't do ANYTHING without breathing heavily and sweating... seriously, small things. It scared me.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    with my 3rd baby, and the scale didn't move after I had him. With the first 2 the weight just fell off, but with this one it stayed around. Like bad grass, couldn't get rid of it.

also, BAD MFP! PUTTING AN M&M AD ON THIS PAGE.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    A picture of me uploaded on facebook. Then I broke down in Friendly's a couple weeks later when I realized that I wouldn't be able to change if I kept eating how I was. It was kinda embarrassing but necessary. >.<
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    I was 21 and the doctor weighed me in at about 278 pounds
    Said the next time I see you will be to put on my meds for diabetes, high blood pressure and likely you will have a heartache

YUP THAT WAS MY WTF I NEED TO GET MY AZZ IN GEAR, IF I WANT TO BE A COP, BE HEALTHY AND LIVE TO BE OLDER THAN 39