Your wtf i need to get in shape moment.

Options

Replies

• LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A couple of things: I turned 45 this year and realized I'm only 2 years younger than my dad was when he died unexpectedly (alcoholic, smoked, didn't take care of himself....after a quad bypass 7 years earlier). I think of how much has hppened in my life with marriage and having my children, and all of this he missed. I don't want to miss any part of my kids lives.

The other; after having my blood pressure read high at my past 2 checkups and my dr. asking how I felt about being on blood pressure medication. Since starting MFP and running, my last checkup was great, 100/78! So its' worth it.

And lastly, got tired of complaining about how Iook and wanting to finish losing the last 10 pounds from my last pregnancy....6 years ago:laugh:
  • LadyVivica
    LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've always walked around campus and went to the school's gym a couple days a week and took classes there. But 3 years ago i became too tired and lethargic to go anymore, and after 3 years of my doctor trying to find out what was wrong with me, they discovered I actually had fatty liver disease.

Because it took them so long to diagnose it, my condition was on the verge of sclerosis. I had to lose weight NOW or I would suffer liver failure. So that really kicked my butt into losing the weight. My BMI was just at obese and I always hated pictures of me cuz I looked so fat it depressed me. I'm making great progress and lost 30 lbs in 3 months and now my liver enzymes are finally starting to decrease!

I have to keep this up, i'm starting to look good =D
  • earthtoemilyy
    Options
    I'm 22, had weight issues my entire life...lately it's been bad though. Gained 50+lbs since high school, and I already wasn't happy with my body then.

The real and very sad moment was when my boyfriend (and probably the love of my life) of 4 years that I lived with told me he wasn't attracted to me anymore. Our relationship went downhill from there, fighting, screaming, cheating. etc...Of course we were having issues other than just the weight thing, but that was a big deal. I promised over and over I'd lose the weight but I was just so comfortable with being lazy i didn't. Then he kicked me out a little over a month ago. This has been the worst month of my life, but it's pushing me to do something. I am 5'9" and was 258 which was almost how much he weighs and he's 6'5".

I moved back in with my parents and have started eating healthy and going on long walks and even trying to jog a little bit.. I weighed in at 247 the other day, which I know is still huge but I feel good that I'm getting somewhere and have found a place where I can read stories like your guys' and be honest with people about my goals.

I want to lose 100lbs, which I know is a lot. When I get there, I want to model. I know that's kind of a stretch but I love my face and I know when I am at my goal I'll love my body too..every day I already feel sexier.. :)

And hopefully I'll either be over him or he won't be able to resist me. Or both? :)

554025_3251478937473_1149517373_n.jpg
  • earthtoemilyy
    Options
    wow i'm sorry that picture is so huge haha!
  • majac10
    majac10 Posts: 51
    Options
    last week on the beach, first time this year. my friend who gave a birth 8 months ago looked like a model and I looked pregnant ...it really sucked! Sooo, here I am :)
  • sshook990
    sshook990 Posts: 284
    Options
    when my @ss started to jiggle more than jello it was time after my 2 children i couldnt believe i let my weight get so out of control i would watch the biggest loser and say if i ever get fat tell me! (to my husband) of course he never did because he was trying to spare my feelings, i wish i would have known that pregnancy would cause thyroid disease then i would have been more careful with the choices i made with my food, but woulda coulda shoulda but i didnt but the great thing about life is that you can always change yourself! i started P90X 60 days ago and havent looked back! i am even excited to do the intense workouts every day and even bought a new program called Tapout XT to start after i complete P90X!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    A photograph. And I'm not posting it here. :)

I knew I needed to lose some weight, but I didn't realize I looked as bad as I actually did.
  • gtb3
    gtb3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I met with our health care provider to review my health risk assessment and was told that 85 lbs of me was a flammable substance...fat. :-)
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with my weight for what seems to be my entire life....But the moment when I finally got fed up was when my family and I went to Florida in March, and I needed to ask the flight attendant for a seatbelt extender. I felt humiliated.
    A friend of mine on facebook lost over 100 lbs. She use to be a couch potato. She always posted her work outs on facebook and I supported her throughout the year long journey. She is now a fitness freak and is a personal trainer and looks fabulous. I thought if she can lost 100 lbs I can lose 40. Only problem is I have no one IRL to support me. Not even her :(

To the first one...yes have done that..sigh. And the look the flight attendant gives you...SMH
    To the second one...MFP friends can be more helpful, honest and gracious than the RLF, you just have to open yourself up to strangers whom mean well.

My WTF moment(s)....
    When I was too scared to go to the gym because I thought I was too big to go and everyone would laugh at me. It's never happened.

Finally so broken down and believing the person whom was the closest to me in whole world when he said. "since you are fat now no one will look at you and fat girls don't leave their husbands, when women loose weight and get fit, they leave their husbands and family..
    Another one was when he used all kinds of emotional abuse responses to get me not to go to my 25th HS Reunion. "you are way fatter than HS, people will make fun of you, you don't look like you used to, you can't physically do this, you are going to make a fool out of yourself, can you find a dress to hide all of that, hope your pictures look good, and you will go out and cheat." Anyone at anytime can do that if it is in their nature to do so.
    When I finally stood up and said "I am going", I almost had to pull over to the side of the interstate when I saw the city in the distance because I was crying so hard. I missed that place and let someone else think for me. I was strong enough, I didn't cheat, had a great time and still am a great mom to my kids. I didn't really like myself in the photos, but I was the happiest I had been in a long time.
    Last and the best moment was a Facebook photo that I ran home to untag myself from. I was wearing the shirt that hid the fat, the cardigan that hid the fat and the "slimming" jeans that hid the fat. They didn't hide a darn thing and I looked horrible, the worst I had ever looked. I vowed that that picture would be the last photo ever of me looking that big...ever.
  • OneLittleMoment
    OneLittleMoment Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got up to about 183 and my doctor diagnosed me with cancerous ovarian cysts. Pretty much told me to lose weight or keep the cancer. That was about a year ago and I'm down to 152 or so now. I want to get to and maintain 145. :)
    Oh, cancer free, btw!
  • Konamission
    Options
    I had to wear scrubs for work for a while so after 12 weeks of working nights and wearing scrubs all the time I went back to my regular schedule and couldn't fit any of my clothes WTH! Time to get back down!
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    WOW YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME ALL EMOTIONAL!

I've read through all and we all have something in common. Dedication. We are here to fix the pain we've felt from the comments of others and from the lack of confidence for ourselves. We are ready to change, we have been and we will continue! I love that I am not alone in this!

My moment came when I weighed in at 198lbs, on a 5"1' frame. The moment also came when my doctor told me i had Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. I am 24 years old and I was diagnosed with a condition because of my eating/weight! I was shocked. My numbers were insane! The doctor told me that its as if I had been drinking alcohol my entire life! If I did not change I would need a liver biopsy and possibly a transplant. I was heart broken. I was shocked and hurt that i had allowed myself to get to this point.

So i decided to see a health coach who directed me here. Now i am actively trying to lose weight and be healthy and i officially have lowered my numbers and my liver condition has gone away! Currently I am just dealing with a hypothyroidism.

This picture also gave me a big wake up call.

photoframe.jpg

This is me currently at 159lbs
    159photo.jpg

13164648.png
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I gained a bunch of weight last summer (working in fast food no bueno) and just expected it to fall off once I got to school and rode my bike everyday and ate like a normal person. So when I weighed myself in Feb, I thought I had lost. Nope, gained about 10 more pounds! Terrifying for someone who has been at a stable weight most of my life.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Medical reasons here. I was always overweight and never believed that I would be anything different. My parents were big and I just accepted it as "my life". I didn't know a thing about nutrition (nor did I care) and I resented people who were active and healthy.

I will forever be grateful for having gotten so sick. I was hospitalized, released from the hospital, thought I was well, went back to work and was still too ill to work - Dr's ordered me to take time off. I was only 32 years old. It scared the crap out of me and I realized I could not live a life as a person too sick to hold a job. It was the biggest wake up call ever. I was forced into making changes to my diet, and learn stress management and self care if I wanted to have a life.

That was 3 years ago in June. I've kept off 50 pounds and created a life I love. I won't give it up for anything! :heart:
  • feliz1
    feliz1 Posts: 29
    Options
    Extremely tired, Type 2 Diabetes, Thyroid issue, and Blood Pressure. I just developed these in the last couple of years and my doctor is confident with weight loss the medications will go away and I can't wait for that day. I am struggling a lot with staying on track but definately not giving up.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I just was in denial over pictures... I just refused to be in them or see myself in them if I had to be in it.

My moment of "WTF" was when I was at work, and one of our patients <an elderly man> came in and asked if So and so was in today. He couldn't remember my name....but he said as I walked up "Oh her! The husky one! I like her !"

Husky. He called me husky :(

I went home that night and cried, knowing it was true and I had to face the fact that I was not "just a little heavy" but "fat". I know he didn't mean to be mean, elderly people have a brutal honesty sometimes like children do but this time it really hit me. I will be indebted to him for opening my eyes...although I wish it had been in a different way.
  • XmanMike
    XmanMike Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Funny but true: January of 2010, I was 182lbs at 5'7". That may not sound like much but I looked and felt horrible. Then I had what I thought was a heart attack. Went to the doctor and took all kinds of tests that came back normal. Then the doc looks at me and says, "Michael, you have gas." Well, gas or not, I was determined to get back in shape after that. I haven't looked back since.
  • elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    I want to get in a parallelopiped shape.
  • ifeelsqueaky
    ifeelsqueaky Posts: 193
    Options
    Realising that bending over to tie my shoe laces was becoming difficult...
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The moment I realised that when I sat down, my boobs rested on my belly and my belly rested on my thighs.