What did you learn today???

Options
I know this post may fall to the back of nowhereville but I thought it was worth a try...

We have facebook and twitter on all day but what are we really learning from reading peoples status messages?

That the rain messed up amy's hair today?
or
that Carlos doesn't like his boss anymore

*clears throat* SO WHAT!!!!

A woman could be watching the own network and have a "Ah ha" moment but instead she will tweet "sitting on the couch watching tv" 0_o

People come from many different walks of life and view life in so many different ways. If we all took the time out to share what we learned we could all grow and evolve as individuals and slowly but surely make the world a better place.

It's about that time to start learning from each other on the internet instead of mentally ingesting nonsense... on purpose!

so....

WHAT DID YOU LEARN TODAY???

Me? I learned an incredible way to control my unhealthy eating habits.

Close your eyes and picture a video of yourself being overweight. Now imagine the volume on the video is extremely loud. Listen to yourself chewing and eating the unhealthy foods that you "Love". Watch the crumbs fall out your mouth and your body get bigger and bigger as you stuff your face with more and more of the unhealthy food you love! Now turn the volume down on the video and let it slowly fade to the back of your mind, let the volume get lower and lower until you can no longer see the video

Keep your eyes closed and imagine a very small video getting larger and larger, you can hear some one taking deep breaths and also the sound of laughter. As the video gets bigger and bigger its you! You are at your goal weight, with your dream physique drinking a gallon of water after you just finished your favorite workout laughing about how easy it has become. Now you are headed to the kitchen to make your favorite healthy meal. Look at how happy you are, how your skin glows, how amazing your feel, and how your body looks. Listen to your favorite workout song playing and...

KEEP THIS IMAGE AT THE FRONT OF YOUR MIND

By doing this, the chances of eating unhealthy food are slim to none... why? Because when you look at soda, chips, big mac's, they don't fit in with the image that is at the front of your mind ^_^

You automatically make healthier choices that fit into your goals and the image that is in the front of your mind! I hope this has helped someone ^_^

Replies

• AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    No matter what the circumstance being healthy is always an option!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Strong OP.
  • Serenajeans
    Serenajeans Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That it is ok not to eat sweets just because they are there, but to hold back and not regret eating them latter.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I alreadyknew this, but it was strongly reminded to me today.

Life is short. One day you're here, the next you're not. Live it up!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    to enjoy and appreciate every moment. :)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    so much about who i am as a person. still processing.
  • PrettyKeli
    PrettyKeli Posts: 29
    Options
    Strong OP.

Thanks ^_^

@amelodyangel Yes, that is very true. Thanks for sharing ^_^
  • EveryoneElseIsTaken
    EveryoneElseIsTaken Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That I have a huge headache, and that swimming can be really fun
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I learned (well, conformed) that I have the most amazing, caring, supportive MFP family. That there is no other community I want to be apart of because anything else would be a disappointment.