Day 1 of the rest of my BETTER life!

I've tried calorie counters and other mobile apps, but I keep hearing about this from friends that have used it for a long time. So I decided to check it out and today is what I am calling day 1 of the rest of my BETTER life! I have hit a weight that is absurdly disgusting and I am determined to lose it! I have between 145 & 155 pounds to go from today. I'm going to take a picture today of my starting point and when I've lost a few pounds and it shows, I'll start posting my before and after pics. I am always looking for new easy food ideas and inspiration! I'm starting hardcore with food tracking and calorie counting and cardio along with some weight training, wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Good luck!
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Thank you!!
  • tmgreen82
    tmgreen82 Posts: 4
    Good luck to you! I will send you a friend request so that you know, you are not alone!
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Good luck!! You have a great attitude.
    This really is a great site to help you achieve your goals.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • MamaAlora
    MamaAlora Posts: 6
    Good luck! I'm starting today as well - we can do it!
  • stpetegirl

Good luck!! I'll be right there encouraging you if it helps!!
  • stpetegirl
    Good luck to you!! We both can do it and lead happier healthier lives!!!
  • stpetegirl
    Got it!! Thanks for the invite!!
  • TinaInFlorida
    TinaInFlorida Posts: 51 Member
    You are on the right track already :) I can't wait to see where we are a month from today or even a year! It's so great that we have each other for support! I'll be encouraging you all the way!
  • stpetegirl
    We will both be so much healthier and happier with ourselves! Glad I've got you on my side girl! Don't know what I'd do without you!!
  • kbsagely
    kbsagely Posts: 7 Member
    Best wishes to you on your journey. My only advice would be to focus on choices--make the best ones possible. And if you ever have a day where you didn't make the best choices, just start over. You can do it!:smile:
  • mcwhit
    mcwhit Posts: 44 Member
    Best of wishes on your journey. Feel free to add me!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Best of luck!
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494

Good luck to u both. This is my 1st week as well.
  • SundayPajamas
    SundayPajamas Posts: 8 Member
    Welcome to the family!!! We all wish you success in your journey!

These 2 quotes keep me going everyday

- "It is not easy. But it is worth it. Now repeat that everyday"
    - "Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try"

We are here for you!
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Welcome and good luck, my day 1 was in march and I am the happiest I have ever been.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    There is so much to learn here, and helpful people and tools to make it happen. You're going to be so glad you joined.

I won't wish you luck, because you don't need it. You have determination!
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    i joined mfp just a little over a month ago and it has been a positive experience. earlier this week, i went to the doctors office and when we were visiting, the nutritionist starting to tell me about a this great site and wanted me to consider joining. come to find out it was mfp. she was elated when i told her that i had joined just over a month ago.

were all in it together and you will find great support here. feel free to add me as a friend should you wish.
  • stpetegirl
    Thank you so much! Sent request to add!
  • h_mills
    h_mills Posts: 6 Member
    Welcome to the famly. Take it one choice at a time: enjoy your successes, and learn from your mistakes... You are giving yourself a great gift!

The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.
William Arthur Ward