I'm a newby

Options
Hey everybody!! I thought I'd introduce myself, and see if I can find a little support. I hear this is the place to go for that kind of stuff :smile: My name is Krissy. I'm a new mom of a 12 month old boy. I have been incredibly frustrated, as I gained more weight after I had my son. After months of feeling like I'm walking around in someone else's body, I've made some changes. I have completely changed my eating habit, started working with a trainer, and drinking only water. Are there any other new moms out there who have had a hard time losing weight after having a baby?

Replies

• cmarceron
    Options
    you will love this site...it helps you stay aware of your choices and makes it easier to take responsibilty ...I am 20 lbs and going since I started 6 months ago...

good luck...if you need moral support

cmarceron@gmail

have a great day
  • Krissy903
    Options
    Thanks! I'm finding it very helpful already. Congratulations on your 20 lbs. Hopefully I'll be catching up with you soon :happy:
  • cmarceron
    Options
    I wiegh in every 2 weeks..with one coming today..yikes...I dd pretty good on thanksgiving...but still went over every day...haha

we shall see.....
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!!
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :flowerforyou: I can relate three years down the line from having my little girl I am still struggling with the last 14-20 lbs to get to my healthy BMI
  • Krissy903
    Options
    Good luck. My trainer is going to weigh me tomorrow to see if I lost my mind on Thanksgiving lol. I actually didn't lose control at all, so I'm kind of excited about being weighed.
  • Krissy903
    Options
    @ BABYLILAC Thank you, and good luck to you too. It just seems so hard to make time to keep yourself healthy when you have a little one with so many needs. I feel like I'm on the right track now.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!! I thought I'd introduce myself, and see if I can find a little support. I hear this is the place to go for that kind of stuff :smile: My name is Krissy. I'm a new mom of a 12 month old boy. I have been incredibly frustrated, as I gained more weight after I had my son. After months of feeling like I'm walking around in someone else's body, I've made some changes. I have completely changed my eating habit, started working with a trainer, and drinking only water. Are there any other new moms out there who have had a hard time losing weight after having a baby?

Hi Krissy, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    I'm sure you'll find tons of members who can relate to a new mother, however, since my "baby" is now 27, I can't. :laugh:
    I CAN however tell you that between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hello and come on aboard! MFP is a really great site, I think you will be really glad to have found it, i know I am!! Best wishes!!
  • Merv268
    Merv268 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also love this site and started in January being "very" dedicated to logging points and watching intake. 56lbs down and 15 more to go, keep tracking and you'll also see great results! God luck.