First day towards my goal. !!

Options
Today is my first day on MFP. For many years now, I've kept telling myself that I needed to lose weight, but my excuse bag was always full. I've lost a few pounds but always can those plus more back. I am ready for a change in me, I want to be able to stand at the top and scream "I did it...!!!" I pledge to myself to take charge, lose this extra weight, and make my 4o's the best times of my life.

Replies

• fab4os
    fab4os Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Similar story. In my 40s with so many excuses as to why I couldn't lose the extra pounds after having 2 kids - then an extra 20lbs crept on in the last year! I joined MFP a while ago but didn't follow it. This time I am determined. I am a week into it and so far have lost 5lb (probably mostly water). I have decided it's about time I started posting and making 'friends' so feel free to 'friend' me.
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    Sounds like me! Always an excuse, but now that I look back, none of them are good! Today is also my first day! I'm looking forward to this journey to a happier healthier me! Good luck to you! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • socksnollie
    Options
    Congrats on the 5. It always helps to see the scale go down, to get you fired up to stick to it. Best of luck, look forward to seeing/hearing of your journey.
  • socksnollie
    Options
    I haven't quite figured out all of the reply, quote, etc. But I wish you both the best of luck. We can do this..!!
    Thank you for offering friendship. I have requested :flowerforyou:
  • fab4os
    fab4os Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm also still working out the whole posting/reply thing!
  • maggiemac40
    maggiemac40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here, I'm starting tomorrow ;) got back from vacation today but have been experimenting with MFP app for the last few weeks. I have an 18 month old and still not back to my pre pregnancy weight! It's now or never - I too want to make my 40s great!! feel free to friend me, need all the help I can get :)
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    That's my story too. Just turned 40 and finally want to be skinny!
  • SellyBean
    SellyBean Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been that person who has always looked for the easy way out. Not this time; I will stick to my guns about eating healthier. I have to get down under 145 before May so that I can enlist into the Navy & I would love a support group. Currently at 204.5 =/ Help encourage me please? Also you can DM me on Twitter @SellMyLosses if you see that I'm slipping a bit , Thank You & Good Luck
  • BrynnyB
    BrynnyB Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your quest for health and fitness! I have just today started using MFP properly (tinkered with it one day a while ago). I am happy to find a bunch of people who are on the same journey to fitness that I have just started.

Add me if you could use a little cheerleading!

~B
  • theresasbaby
    Options
    Today has been my first day too! I really have no support here at home. I have had a tough time latley just with my addictive self. I am such a binge eater. However today I resisted and was busy staining our deck for 12 hours (that helped me) and I look forward to a great day being good to myself tomorrow in the eating department. I want to lose 30 lbs. I dream of losing 50 but can't picture how that would look. Hope you have a good first week!
    Oh by the way when I say I have no support here I just mean that it doesn't seem to matter to my family that I struggle with my weight, they seemnot to notice that I'm gaining weight. Hubby is loving but always asks me if I'd like food or wine ect. I don't always say no, that is my problem.
  • socksnollie
    Options
    Today has been my first day too! I really have no support here at home. I have had a tough time latley just with my addictive self. I am such a binge eater. However today I resisted and was busy staining our deck for 12 hours (that helped me) and I look forward to a great day being good to myself tomorrow in the eating department. I want to lose 30 lbs. I dream of losing 50 but can't picture how that would look. Hope you have a good first week!
    Oh by the way when I say I have no support here I just mean that it doesn't seem to matter to my family that I struggle with my weight, they seemnot to notice that I'm gaining weight. Hubby is loving but always asks me if I'd like food or wine ect. I don't always say no, that is my problem.

Hi - I've been messing around with MFP yesterday and from what I can see, there is so much support here!! I wish you
    the best in your journey and we are all here for each other.
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You're in the same age group as me and have the same amount to lose. Sounds like we can support each other. I love using this site. It does take time inputting everything, but it is so worth it because it is so accurate. I can't believe it's free. I get more use out of this than seeing my weight loss doctor. And everyone is so motivating and has great advice:) Feel free to add me!:laugh: