a little about me!

I have struggled with my weight much oh my life... But had kept it under control until the past 3 1/2 yrs. At that time I was in a horrific car accident. (i was over weight then, but not like now). Since that accident, i have gained about 100 lbs.. I can blame a lot of things, ptsd,depression, chronic pain.. But i know the most realistic answer is all of the above.. Along with horrible eating habits..absolutely no exercise... And procrastination... I am getting ready to turn 38 years old... Im at my heaviest wgt ever...

Prior to finding this app and web site, i had already began making changes.. good bye coke and mtn dew... Havent had a soda in a month!
Joined a gym.. And im going 3 to 4 times a week... I have lost 9 lbs!!! Not a bad start... This site just helps complete the process... I have 151 lbs to lose.... But it was 160!!!

Replies

• dmzazueta
    dmzazueta Posts: 36
    Sounds like you are on to a great start. I am also keeping my health and fitness under control. The gym and I are becoming friends and I am feeling more confident there. I go about 5 days a week and I trying to add activity into my life on a regular basis. Since I have a small son, I involve him so he also enjoys going with me and that keeps me motivated.

Changing my diet is a huge struggle for me. Food has always been my source of comfort. Now, I am counting carbs, fat & protein, which does not leave a lot of room for the things I miss. For me, this journey is an emotional one, but I am trying to focus on one step/day at a time.

Congrats on your new beginning!!

Danielle
  • mary34reilly
    mary34reilly Posts: 59 Member
    Welcome! Hope you love it here! Feel free to add me as a friend! The more the merrier :)
    You can do this, one pound at a time girl :)