Has anyone done/is doing Insanity?

Options
Hi everyone! I am currently doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (if you've done this as well as Insanity, please compare!! I'd love to hear!!) but I keep hearing about amazing results with Insanity. It kind of scares me though haha. Is it worth it? Is it hard to keep pushing through? Do you find yourself wanting to quit?

I'd love to do the Insanity program, I just don't want to buy it and find it's too much for me.
:D

Replies

• blackmagic10
    blackmagic10 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    it is worth every penny I will tell you it is really hard so hard that you might even wanna quit but don't if you stick with it you'll see results I will say that honestly it's way too much cardio for me so I do the insanity hybrid that mixes p90x with it
  • imannalouise
    Options
    ahhh thanks! hmm I like cardio, but a lot of it might be overwhelming
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just started today the fitness test was all a workout on its own. I was dripping in sweat by the second workout. I think itll be worthit, once i finish going through the two months
  • blackmagic10
    blackmagic10 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I mean if you look at my pics you can see results I have a pic up were I use to weigh 251 now I'm down to 206 but my goal is 198 :)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is Day 19 for me and I really like it so far. It is HARD but getting through those workouts is the best feeling. I actually just torrented my copy of the program... bad I know... but I didn't have the money to spend on the DVDs.
  • imannalouise
    Options
    it definitely seems like everyone thinks it's worth it, that's encouraging :)
  • colleenreid4
    colleenreid4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30 shred and loved it! Yesterday I took the insanity fit test. I thought it was ok, I thought to myself, I can do this. Today I did the cardio for insanity....IT WAS HARD!! The two programs don't even compare to each other. The 30 day shred has levels, Insanity is just that...intense insanity. I couldn't finish the first real workout, but I will keep at it, and hopefully I will be able to with time. I did want to quit, but instead, I just did it slower.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Did it a few months ago... like ukaoma10, it's a bit more cardio than I really like and, again like Ukaoma, I did a Insanity/P90X/P90x Plus hybrid... my apartment is also not 'jumping around friendly'... Insanity made my leg muscles pop like i've never seen before!

Just started Tapout XT yesterday... I'm thinkin' it's gonna be some kinda awesome!
  • imannalouise
    Options
    I'm so glad you did the 30 day shred and can compare it! Thanks for sharing :) I was afraid that it'd be much different, but was hoping it'd be similar haha ugh oh well. Hopefully doing the shred will be a good warmup for Insanity :P good luck!

and crazy8ts, your profile picture is craaazy that's so awesome!
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    I found the 30DS boring and hard to stick to. Insanity is much harder and you WILL sweat a LOT, but much less boring. I feel challenged and way better than I did when I tried 30DS. I'm currently on day 11. It gets easier after about the 4th workout.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity, but instead of jumping like a fool on a floor that shakes my entire house, I do deep squats to modify the jumping action. I double the ab workout to make up for what I am not getting from the jumping moves for the modification.
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    I found the 30DS boring and hard to stick to. Insanity is much harder and you WILL sweat a LOT, but much less boring. I feel challenged and way better than I did when I tried 30DS. I'm currently on day 11. It gets easier after about the 4th workout.

Totally agree about 30DS. I got bored with it very quickly! Been doing Insanity for just a few days, but found it to be a much better (and obviously harder) workout. Definitely prefer it over 30DS.
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    LOOOVE insanity. I just started month 2 of my third round :) it's helped me get where i am. I have a ladies only support group on fb and a few others are doing it. If you'd like to join, send me a message :) we would love to have you!!
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options

and crazy8ts, your profile picture is craaazy that's so awesome!

:blushing:
  • Im doing insanity week3 and all I got to say is AWESOME get it girl dont think twice about it =]
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I finished my first round of Insanity like 3weeks ago and currently doing Chalean Extreme-Insanity Hybrid :D I can say I had good results with it, lost 8.4 lbs and 14 inches overall, that's why I'm still holding on to it, my cardio really improved and I want to maintain my current level of cardio endurance.

You can check my before/after pics here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/640716-insanity-progress-before-after

:D
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I am on my last week of insanity. I've done it with as a hybrid with running. So it has taken me a little longer than 8 weeks, because I didn't want to give up or swap my running days. I think it's taken me about 9 1/2 weeks.

I prefer it a millions more than 30 day shred. 30 day shred is now way too easy for me, and I found it really boring and repetitive. That and JM voice annoys me.

So do it you wont be disappointed. And if you have to modify modify I still do now for some things.
  • imannalouise
    Options
    wow thank you so much everyone!! this was super helpful, I think I'll finish the 30 Day Shred (cuz I don't want to just quit in the middle of that) and get Insanity!! :D
  • opaquewhite
    opaquewhite Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity myself and am on day 4, and I've also stopped and started and stopped 30DS a few times. I feel like Insanity is HARD but I'd rather spend 40 minutes getting my *kitten* kicked, and it's not boring! I'm just hoping I can stick with it!!

I agree with Jillian getting annoying too, haha. I'd just put her on mute ans listen to music after the 3rd day. :-)
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I found someone selling on craigslist and going to pick it up tonight! A tad scared but super stoked to work it!