I need a running shoe suggestion

Options
amh1974
amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
I wear a size 7 ladies shoe and I run on the outside of my foot. I have a pretty strong heel strike so I need good cushioning. I have been running 15 to 20 miles per week and I walk about 12 miles per week too. I am working up to a half marathon in the begining of November. I have been wearing Saucony Triumph 9 but they changed the design and it doesn't fit as well as the Triump 8, it's now wider. I'm thinking I may have to wear a narrow shoe now, anyone have any good suggestions?

Replies

• emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love the Nike Free Plus...it is a minimalist running shoe but I put superfeet inserts in there for extra support. I love how light it is when I run. My running partner swears by her asics....
  • RAWBMEOW
    RAWBMEOW Posts: 64
    Options
    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-400--14340-0,00.html

This article is great and it has reviews on each shoe.
  • pssjadey
    pssjadey Posts: 2
    Options
    I suggest being professionally fitted for your running shoes, especially with the mileage you are completing each week. They should be able to point you in the correct direction.
  • darcygooding
    Options
    I love my Asics.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I suggest being professionally fitted for your running shoes, especially with the mileage you are completing each week. They should be able to point you in the correct direction.

Could not agree more.
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! This just ticks me off because I've worn Saucony for years without problems and now they're so wide since the design change. It seems like every manufacuter is making shoes wider and wider. I use to wear Nike years ago but then they made them wider and wider and that's when I switched to Saucony. Never had a problem until the recent design change. Bummed out.