Comments/opinions on Body by Vi/90 Day challenge

Options
Has anyone tried the shakes from the Visalus company? I am interested in this product. I was speaking with a distributor today that has shown results. I kind of knew her before talking to her about the products. I am looking for any results people can share, experiences good/bad, and anything to look out for.

Thanks!!

Replies

• cdnwinter79
    Options
    They're good, I like them, but they didn't do anything for me with regards to losing weight. I'm finding I'm losing weight better by eating actual food.
    Plus I always felt hungry fairly shortly afterwards, even though I would put fresh fruit in them.
    I'm not saying it doesn't work, it certainly does for some people and it's a good product to add to your morning shakes, but I definately wouldn't do more than one shake a day. You need real food too.
  • apryljo1
    apryljo1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I drink Body By Vi shakes twice per day, in place of two meals. In the first week, I dropped 5lbs, and I've stayed steady at 2lb per week loss ever since. For me, they're really easy since it makes breakfast a snap! The actual challenge will tell you to replace breakfast and lunch with the shakes, however, I find I get more hungry that way, so I replace breakfast and dinner. Besides, it makes more sense to eat the bulk of your calories earlier in the day, rather than at dinner.
    There's a ton of recipes out there to keep you from getting bored drinking the same shake every day too. I stay pretty full throughout the day, and actually have to remind myself to eat my snacks (they suggest 2-3 100 calorie snacks per day).

This is what my typical day looks like:
    Breakfast: Shake (8oz light vanilla soy milk, 2 scoops shake mix, 1/2T honey, cinnamon -- tastes just like snickerdoodles)
    Snack: celery and homemade hummus
    Lunch: chicken stir-fry (no sauce), spinach salad with tomatoes and a light dressing (nothing creamy, usually a vinagarette)
    Snack: 1 slice whole-wheat bread, 1T apple butter
    Workout: cardio + weight training
    Dinner: Shake (8oz light vanilla soy milk, 2 scoops shake mix, 1/3-1/2 cup pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spices -- just like pumpkin pie)
    If I'm having a sweet tooth closer to bed, I'll have 1/2 plain Greek yogurt with 1T apple butter ;)
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    I have tried them before, i started having stomach issues (non-related) so i stopped just because i didn't know what was causing them. A friend of mine that sells it told me she used it as breakfast and a snack which is how i was using it so that i still met my calorie goals for the day, i was in not intention of starving myself.

I'd have the shake for breakfast, a light lunch, a shake for snack, and then whatever i made for dinner for my family. It would equal to the 1300 calorie range I was eating at the time but as the previous poster said.. in my opinion it was nothing different or extraordinary weight loss than what i got from eating a well balanced diet.

In my own *opinion* they work wonders for people on the go who have to go through the drive thru to get breakfast, or lunch because even if they get a healthy option on the menu the shake is most likely still healthier. I found for me the only time i thought they were perfect for my schedule was on days i had to rush in the morning and i could just throw a smoothie together and drink it on the road.
  • iamtoned
    iamtoned Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been on the shakes for 5 days. I was just telling someone last night, y appetite seems to have INCREASED since I have been on the shakes. Before the shakes, I hardly ever "needed" a snack. But now (I know it's just a shake) but I can NEVER get satisfied so I'm eating what feels like constantly. I am eating/snacking on lower calorie foods, but it just seems constant to me. So gettng back on MFP will help me track my caloric intake daily. We'll see....... I love the taste of the shakes however so even if I don't do the desired weight loss, I WILL keep the protein shakes around in my dietary regimen. My girls love them also (10 and 13).