Bump
  • arnolv98
    arnolv98 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    post workout is probably wayy more important than pre(depending on your goals of course).

If you understood nutrient absorption you probably wouldn't believe this.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I did read it. Great information.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    I'm printing this out to read while on a toilet break but after skimming I got to the part about no cardio and have to say that I agree. One of the biggest regrets that I have is that on my path to losing over 85lbs, I guess you could say I became obsessed with seeing the scales go down. Worst part was that as well as fat a whole heap of muscle was being lost too. Cardio for me was almost addictive. I would stay on the elliptical for over an hour. Again I'll will take a more detailed read soon. Thank you for posting this valuable information.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/about/

I have trouble taking someone seriously when their credentials are "I am really into this stuff." He doesn't even give his last name.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can read this later :)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    *bump to read later
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    No cardio :noway: really? I don't think I can do that, I love my dancing and cycling ::ohwell:
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Great info!
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reading
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mielchat
    mielchat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump- I don't agree with some points on here (eg. the idea of 'dirty' foods) but it's a good outline.
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sweatintobooksontape
    Options
    Good stuff for the most part. One thing I feel is a bit off is suggesting that while at a caloric deficit you can maintain all of your strength. If you ask any body builder they will tell you that you lose a bit of strength while "cutting" and that it is perfectly normal given your bodies glycogen stores dwindle shortly after being in a caloric deficit. Trying to lift the same amount through out a "cut" may increase risk of injury and perhaps be a bit discouraging if you think that maintaining 100% strength is what should happen. I do however feel that the article mentions good ways in which to minimize muscle and strength losses.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    bumping this because OP thoroughly covers all bases. Nice post OP
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    Good stuff for the most part. One thing I feel is a bit off is suggesting that while at a caloric deficit you can maintain all of your strength. If you ask any body builder they will tell you that you lose a bit of strength while "cutting" and that it is perfectly normal given your bodies glycogen stores dwindle shortly after being in a caloric deficit. Trying to lift the same amount through out a "cut" may increase risk of injury and perhaps be a bit discouraging if you think that maintaining 100% strength is what should happen. I do however feel that the article mentions good ways in which to minimize muscle and strength losses.

This also depends on your starting weight, while cutting I managed to up weights on almost all of my lifts by 25-50lbs. I also calorie and carb cycle.