Egg Whites, Egg Beaters or Eggs?

Options

Replies

• BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    Regulare eggs are a great food . I personally like both. I'll eat the real egg for hard boiled, scrambled or fried but like just the whites with Omeletes. Just a preference.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I bought egg whites in a carton and it was yellow! So I read the ingredients and it had all these additives, gross!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    eggs. why get something that's processed?
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    the whole egg and nothing but the egg! protein always welcome! :bigsmile:
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I personally do more egg whites and fewer whole eggs....because of cholesterol issues. If I eat a lot of yolks, my cholesterol spikes. I'll usually do the packaged 100% egg whites and one egg mixed in. I don't like egg beaters because it's got all that added stuff I can't pronounce. No thanks...
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I'm doing with them.

If I'm cooking something then regular old eggs are good enough.

If it's something I won't be heating up (protein shake or if I'm adding it to something pre-made) then Egg Beaters or the Egg Beaters Egg Whites. The Egg Beaters stuff is pasteurized, so you can eat it raw. Makes for a good adder to oatmeal or a fruit smoothie to up the protein levels.
  • Shandril
    Shandril Posts: 36
    Options
    :smile:
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    Options
    I bought egg whites in a carton and it was yellow! So I read the ingredients and it had all these additives, gross!

They do sell 100% egg whites in the cartons. I buy them. :)

"Ingredients: egg whites"
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Tried liquid eggs for the first time this morning. Yeah, they are NOT for me. Oh my, nasty!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Egg Creations (Canadian Egg Beaters) though I miss real eggs. Stupid cholesterol. :grumble:
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Eggs, all the healthy stuff is in the yoke
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Egg Creations (Canadian Egg Beaters) though I miss real eggs. Stupid cholesterol. :grumble:

You do know that eating something with cholesterol has 0% affect on your cholesterol, right?
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Eggs, whole
    Egglands taste best to me, but pricey.
    I'll break down and use egg beaters at work, in spurts, just because I don't like people stealing my eggs.

Does anybody remember the Eggman from "Pink Flamingos?"
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Lady here at work sells fresh eggs 1 dozen for $2. Can't pass on that. just too yummy and i know where they come from.
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Whole eggs or egg whites with silken tofu and alot of vegies scamble. Hard boiled egg whites filled with hummus. I give my dog the yolks when I don't use them, as for the beaters the cost and flavor turns me off.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I eat mainly egg beaters (or costco's brand thereof). I like them a lot. On occasion I will have regular eggs. It is more of a convenience thing... much easier to pour right into pan than crack and egg, beat it, etc...
  • maggie2731
    maggie2731 Posts: 51
    Options
    Tried liquid eggs for the first time this morning. Yeah, they are NOT for me. Oh my, nasty!

I have too agree with you there!!! i coulnt even eat my breakfast today because of it. Next time ONLY eggs and egg whites for me.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    Options

You do know that eating something with cholesterol has 0% affect on your cholesterol, right?

This isn't true! I give blood, and my cholesterol had gone down significantly after getting my diet in order. I kept reading on here about eggs this, eggs that... and I started eating the whole eggs again (after my cholesterol was down to 166). My cholesterol again skyrocketed to over 200 with only about two weeks worth of egg yolks.

No one will EVER convince me that the eggs have no effect on cholesterol. I've experienced it... I donate again in a couple weeks and have gone back to having only an occasional yolk, so we'll see how my next level is. If it's still elevated, then it apparently doesn't help. I'm 99.9% convinced it'll be back down to normal though.
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Fresh farm eggs here and none of those tasteless store-bought eggs. But since having semi-free range chickens that give loads of eggs on a.daily basis, I don't eat very many anymore. Ya cholesterol is higher than it should be, but I figure my improved healthier lifestyle makes up for the occasional full-bodied egg :)
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation