Newbie looking for Help

Options
Hi all, I'm 36 and from Scotland. I am a mum of two teenagers and have now decided I need to try and spend more time on myself and get fit. Just starting my Mfp journey and I am looking for friends on here! Hoping to lose around 7 stone if not more! I am new to this and looking for friends for motivation and support in my journey and I will do the same in return

Replies

• pilgrim1886
    Options
    Tich, I am from 'South of the Border, a Sassenach if you like...lol, and like you, have just started!
    I am looking to lose about 5 stone, 8 if I can and would be more than happy to share our 'Rocky Road to Slimness.
  • Lini1989
    Lini1989 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also need to loose 5 stone, we can do it together :)
  • jpskitts
    jpskitts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also 36 and live in the southeastern USA...North Carolina to be exact. I've been using a different calorie counting website and have lost close to 20 lbs. I've switched programs, because the other site seemed to have no interest in expanding their food database and they charged a yearly fee. It was nice to come across a free service that offers the same tools! Altogether, I still have around 165 lbs to lose to reach my ultimate goal. One of my primary motivations for getting fit is to marry and have children, but first steps first!

Wishing you great success in your journey!
    ~Leslie Fay
  • MissyDonnieGirl6975
    Options
    Hello, I'm 36 and live in Oregon USA. I would like to add you as a friend. I've found it to be easier to lose the weight when you have and give others support. I wish you all the luck in the world, you can do this-you've already taken the first step. :)

P.S. I need to lose about 194 pounds total, I've lost 27 pounds so far. If I can do it anyone can.
  • chryshann
    chryshann Posts: 3
    Options
    Do not give up! Im looking to drop some pounds also so i can continue to do the activities that i enjoy doing...when i do get married and start a family i can be in great shape to make them happy! By the way Im from the Bahamas, 33 years old!
  • big_cowboy74
    big_cowboy74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello from deep in the heart of Texas! It does help to have motivational friends. Good luck. Side note: I really need to look into this metric system. I have about 200 pounds to lose but it makes it sound so much easier if I say I have about 14 stones to lose. I need to think of it as a pebble, not a boulder.