Best DVD Workouts

Options

Replies

• sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have not used DVDs or youtube as I go to a gym, but this is a great thread and I'm bumping to hopefully try out some of these suggestions :smile: Good luck!
  • khcastro
    khcastro Posts: 23
    Options
    I have been using Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and Banish Your Trouble Zones.... I use her because she has tons of videos (cheap) at Wal-Mart, AND it's awesome workout!
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    Insanity is one of the best work outs I've ever had, but the repetitive circuits may make you bored or irritated. Haha,
    Try TurboFire, which has a lot of great music. :)
    There's also, Piloxing (by Viveca Jensen... kind of a mix of pilates, boxing and ballet), Jillian Michaels Kickbox Fast Fix, and the Tone It Up girls work out videos.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, it depends on what you're into. I like to have a wide range of DVDs so that when I get bored with one I can switch it out for another. I recently found a Groupon for a deal on the Rockin' Body DVDs with Shaun T. I'm big on Zumba/Dance routines, so this has been perfect for me. Plus, I was getting mighty bored with endless crunches at the gym on the hard floor, so I needed some ab work that would've involve that for a while. I'm on day 4 of the 4 week schedule they laid out in the materials and haven't hit the ground ONCE for a crunch but OMG my abs are screaming! *lol*

Also in my DVD collection:
    30 Day Shred
    A couple Yoga DVDs for stretching and flexibility
    and a couple cheap random things I've found like 10 minute quickie workouts that I can do when I need to do SOMETHING but I don't feel like taking hours to do it.

Thanks for starting this thread, though. I'm going to start writing down suggestions so I can build my DVD collection! ;)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    It really depends on what you're looking for. Turbofire is incredibly fun. I looked forward to doing it so much everyday that in the beginning I sometimes did it twice a day, LOL. Fun, upbeat music, and killer workout. Plus, Chalene is just awesome and she always has something to say to motivate you to push when you feel like you're about to die. I also loved P90X but obviously it's a way different program. Good luck finding something you like.
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! These are some great ideas.... some of these work outs I have never heard of before so I can not wait to try them out. I think my problem is that I try to do one program and I just get so bored with it...... so what I am going to try to do now is mix them all up so everyday I am doing something new and exciting.
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    There are free Fitness Blender workouts online. Very well put together and lots of variety.
  • ruthw13
    ruthw13 Posts: 4
    Options
    I get really bored also, I have bought so many almost hoarder like, I love the Les Mills Pump from beachbody it's pricey but I'm so glad I bought it my husband says the best money I've spent..lol. I've been doing it for 3 months now and still not bored with them I've lost more inches than lbs. I'm buying the ChaLean Extreme next I've heard great things about it as well.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Bump
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread, thanks for all the ideas for DVDs. I hate going to the gym, so i use the DVD's alot. I want to check out the one on one with tony horton. Currently i use insanity and P90X with the sound off and my own music. Have a great Friday everyone!
  • LadyTLovesNick
    Options
    P.I.N.K. Method is the best I have ever done. It has 3 phases that last 3 weeks a piece. And 3 different ladies that work you. A different lady for a different phase. And they all have their own style of working out. I never got bored and I lost 40 LBS in 3 months. And that was with still eating out at my fav place once a week. It comes with a book where you log everything, and has everything day by day as far as working out and tracking your food. I am started it all over again as I have more weight to get off. I am down 51 LBS today thanks to the P.I.N.K. ladies. It's something that is really good for someone who is just starting out or been working out for awhile. You tone while losing the weight so your skin doesn't sag:)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire!! Love it! Pretty much what everyone else said about it.

I am entering my 3rd month of ChaLEAN Extreme now. I love this as well.

Not sure what I'll do after finishing ChaLEAN Extreme. I might do a hybrid of the two, or something totally different.
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    You know what I'll say INSANITY! LOL It's expensive but it's worth it! I've lost so many inches and lost 4 pants sizes. I'll be posting the before and after pics once I hit 30 days which will be this weekend. I really enjoy Zumba too, but i'm just like you, I get bored easily, but Insanity I'm at it and I'm on my 4th week. I have even tried Belly Dancing too, that's fun also.:smile:

I found the whole set unopened on craigslist for $50...

Ohhhhhhh That's a steal!!!! We bought it when it first came out! Lucky! Happy workout!
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    I wanna try all the different DVDs that are being mentioned now.....LOL:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • gthicks
    gthicks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just purchased that yesterday and can't wait. I have been doing Shawn T's Rockin' Body DVD's, I like that one as well. I thought about buying INSANITY but this one looked more my speed.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Just started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Really enjoyed the first day.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You could check out www.bodyrock.tv. They post 12-20 minute HIIT workouts most days, so you (almost) always have a new workout. Plus there's several years worth of old workouts. I've never done the same one twice.

You do have to get past the camera humping the female hosts' implants, but if you can do that you'll find they're actually pretty motivating and likeable ladies and the workouts leave me soaked with sweat.
  • melsal9902
    melsal9902 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really get into the Tae Bo. Yes it seems dated, but it is cardio kickboxing that really kicks you in the butt especially when you use the resistance bands. I have to change it up though because any DVD can get boring after awhle.