THE MORNING AFTER A NIGHT OF BINGE EATING

Options
Last night I went to a happy hour send off party that was in my honor with my coworkers and bosses. I drank lots of Jose Cuervos and I ate lots of chips and salsa and a big heaping of enchiladas as well as desert and bagels. When I got home I was disgusted with myself and very unhappy. I had done so good this whole week and in one day all my progress would unravel.

This morning I woke up and had gained 1.2lbs from last night (water weight, fat, who knows..pretty sure I well over 4000 calories last night). My first impulse was to get back into bed and binge some more and give up.

BUT I DIDN'T...I laced up my shoes and hit the track. Today was supposed to be my rest day from working out, but I knew I needed to compensate for last night. I ran for 2 hours and as I lost my breath and felt like passing out...I kept repeating this mantra:

THERE IS REDEMPTION IN PAIN.

I RAN FOR MY LACK OF SELF-CONTROL, I RAN FOR MY PAIN, I RAN FOR ANGER, I RAN FOR MY DISGUST...I RAN FOR HOPE I RAN FOR POWER, I RAN FOR MY SUCCESSES THUS FAR. I RAN BECAUSE I OWED MYSELF AND MY BODY BETTER.

I AM NOW BACK FROM MY 2HOUR RUN WITH 1400 CALORIES BURNT (GIVE OR TAKE PER MY HRM MONITOR).
I COULDN'T FEEL BETTER...I AM PROUD OF MYSELF....

YESTERDAY WAS A MINOR SET BACK BUT THIS MORNING WAS A MAJOR VICTORY...I RAN AWAY MY WEAKNESSES.

WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE GIVING UP...DON'T..BECAUSE YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF NOT TO!! I HOPE THIS INSPIRES ANYBODY ELSE THAT IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING..

For more inspiration and motivation please visit my blog at : kalegetsfit.blogspot.com

THANK YOU

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Good job with the running!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Last night I went to a happy hour send off party that was in my honor with my coworkers and bosses. I drank lots of Jose Cuervos and I ate lots of chips and salsa and a big heaping of enchiladas as well as desert and bagels. When I got home I was disgusted with myself and very unhappy. I had done so good this whole week and in one day all my progress would unravel.

This morning I woke up and had gained 1.2lbs from last night (water weight, fat, who knows..pretty sure I well over 4000 calories last night). My first impulse was to get back into bed and binge some more and give up.

BUT I DIDN'T...I laced up my shoes and hit the track. Today was supposed to be my rest day from working out, but I knew I needed to compensate for last night. I ran for 2 hours and as I lost my breath and felt like passing out...I kept repeating this mantra:

I RAN FOR MY LACK OF SELF-CONTROL, I RAN FOR MY PAIN, I RAN FOR ANGER, I RAN FOR MY DISGUST...I RAN FOR HOPE I RAN FOR POWER, I RAN FOR MY SUCCESSES THUS FAR. I RAN BECAUSE I OWED MYSELF AND MY BODY BETTER.

I AM NOW BACK FROM MY 2HOUR RUN WITH 1400 CALORIES BURNT (GIVE OR TAKE PER MY HRM MONITOR).

YESTERDAY WAS A MINOR SET BACK BUT THIS MORNING WAS A MAJOR VICTORY...I RAN AWAY MY WEAKNESSES.

WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE GIVING UP...DON'T..BECAUSE YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF NOT TO!! I HOPE THIS INSPIRES ANYBODY ELSE THAT IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING..

For more inspiration and motivation please visit my blog at : kalegetsfit.blogspot.com

THANK YOU

UI am proud of you. You have gone so far. Last night will not derail you.
  • xafricanqueen07x
    xafricanqueen07x Posts: 98 Member
    Options

THANK YOU

UI am proud of you. You have gone so far. Last night will not derail you.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement!
  • Loopylu84
    Loopylu84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've had massive binges a couple of times before but because they were surrounded by weeks of healthy eating and exercise I either stayed the same or lost. Thinking that having a binge = total failure is something I used to do but it's so not true. Even skinny people have bad days, but they don't think of it like that, and just live healthy the rest of the time.
    Well done for not spiralling down today, you totally did the right thing.
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you! The hardest thing about a day of out of control eating is waking up the next day and not throwing in the towel. It seems so terrible in the moment but then if you look back with some hindsight, one day doesn't make or break anyone's diet. But it's so hard to feel that in that moment of despair and defeat.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i love cheat days. or cheat weeks.
    as long as you get back on track, that's what is important.
  • xafricanqueen07x
    Options
    I've had massive binges a couple of times before but because they were surrounded by weeks of healthy eating and exercise I either stayed the same or lost. Thinking that having a binge = total failure is something I used to do but it's so not true. Even skinny people have bad days, but they don't think of it like that, and just live healthy the rest of the time.
    Well done for not spiralling down today, you totally did the right thing.

Thank you so much!..It can be so hard not to give up...but if you stay the path there can be change..the first thing I did was put on my clothes and go outside for a run...

Controlling binge eating is a daily battle for me, but I have to remind myself that I've come A LONG WAY!!!
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You won't gain fat overnight from what I have been told, so I would not worry too badly. Chips and the enchiladas etc are probably loaded with salt so it is most likely water weight.

Drink a ton of water today, and you should be fine in a few days...flush that salt out :) Also if you haven't ...ahem...gone to the restroom that might have something to do with it too. I find that when I pig out like that I don't, well...go the bathroom as much.

I seriously doubt you have ruined anything, you didn't gain the weight in one day that you are trying to lose...its a gradual process. So today won't hurt in the big picture. Drink lots of water and stay on track for a few days and you should be all good.
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!
  • xafricanqueen07x
    Options
    You won't gain fat overnight from what I have been told, so I would not worry too badly. Chips and the enchiladas etc are probably loaded with salt so it is most likely water weight.

Drink a ton of water today, and you should be fine in a few days...flush that salt out :) Also if you haven't ...ahem...gone to the restroom that might have something to do with it too. I find that when I pig out like that I don't, well...go the bathroom as much.

I seriously doubt you have ruined anything, you didn't gain the weight in one day that you are trying to lose...its a gradual process. So today won't hurt in the big picture. Drink lots of water and stay on track for a few days and you should be all good.

Thank you for the encouragement!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    IT TOTALLY INSPIRED ME!! THANK YOU FOR THE POST!!
  • VintagElana
    VintagElana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!!
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    Tottaly inspiring and love the mantra!
  • xafricanqueen07x
    Options
    IT TOTALLY INSPIRED ME!! THANK YOU FOR THE POST!!

Thank you!!!!
  • xafricanqueen07x
    Options
    Tottaly inspiring and love the mantra!

Thank you! Not sure how it happened, just popped into my head as I started slowing down and it kept me going!!
  • watters87
    watters87 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I needed this so thank you!
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You did what people who stay at there healthy weight do! NEVER GIVE UP! We all have our binges and bad days but it's all about moving forward as quickly as possible! My advice is to get lots of water and fiber to flush your system. I have a tea/drink called Linaza (full of fiber and cactus) that flushes me out. :) You'll be fine, this is very normal, and you did the right thing by working it out the next day! Just stay away from the scale for a few days because I'm sure all the salt made you retain more water than usual. Good job! :)
  • andthenwhat
    andthenwhat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I hate whenever people are like, "be kind to yourself... don't punish yourself." And I'm like, NO. I know my own tendencies to justify everything. If I give myself an inch, I take a mile. My approach is tough love on myself and that's what's worked for me the best!
  • xafricanqueen07x
    Options
    You did what people who stay at there healthy weight do! NEVER GIVE UP! We all have our binges and bad days but it's all about moving forward as quickly as possible! My advice is to get lots of water and fiber to flush your system. I have a tea/drink called Linaza (full of fiber and cactus) I drink, that flushes me out. :) You'll be fine, this is very normal, and you did the right thing by working it out the next day! Just stay away from the scale for a few days because I'm sure all the salt made you retain more water than usual. Good job! :)

Thank you so much!