Hi

Options
Hey so I'm kinda new to this site so thought I'd introduce myself. My names Joe. I've been a big guy all my life and its never bothered me because it ran in my family. About a month ago I decided I wanted to start losing weight so I can feel better and shed some of the unwanted weight. I started reading some of the threads and they really are an inspiration. I figure I can get some help here too if need be. This probably sounds cynical but one of the main reasons I wanna lose weight also is so I can go skydiving lol. My main goal is to get down to 240 just to do that but I'd like to get down to 200 altogether. I lost 15 lbs in my first month (I started at 343 but rounded down to 340) and hope to get down to 240 by January. Thanks for listening :p

Replies

• IAmFranciscoB
    Options
    Welcome Joe. Glad you're on here with a goal in mind. I think having a goal is one of the biggest & first steps. A lot of good people on here to give you support. Good luck!
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey Joe! Welcome! Congrats on your initial weight loss. And it's definitely not cynical to have a real goal (skydiving) to keep you motivated!
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    One of the main reasons I've decided to lose weight is because most of my family is obese. All I hear about them complaining about it, and I don't want to be like that. It's also a good idea to lose the weight because you will be healthier in doing so. One thing I'm looking forward to is being able to have kids and teach them how to be healthy and fit, and be able to keep up after them!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Joe! Your reason for losing weight is not cynical at all. It's great motivation. You can do this!!!
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Welcome. We are here to support you. You can do this just stick with it and remember in this race.slow and steady wins. If you need a friend add me.
  • fassblack1
    Options
    Hi Joe, welcome to MFP! You are in great company here. I would love to be your friend so add me if you like. Good luck and have fun!
  • amandaa02
    amandaa02 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi... welcome to MFP.. Good luck!!!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Not cynical at all. I want to lose weight to be hot. Haha. Joe is a nice name :) Welcome.
  • ThomasFMendiola
    ThomasFMendiola Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
  • wazjoe
    wazjoe Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome :)