I found an easier way to lose weight

Options

Replies

• jinni1941
    jinni1941 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My nephew who had increased cholesterol, diabetes 2, hypertension and several other things creep up on him due to weight, also went on the primal diet and it was amazing how fast he lost weight. He looks amazing and his doctor has taken him off all the meds they had him on.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,569 Member
    Options
    It' NOT an easier way for people to lose weight who like to actually eat foods that are CULTURALLY high in carbs, fat and sugar. Unless this is an eating plan you want to stick with the REST OF YOUR LIFE, then the weight loss may be just temporary. Introducing any sugar or carbs back into the diet would more than likely also increase weight.
    Easiest way to lose weight is to eat a way you can do the rest of your life at a calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Dunno about the rest, but I find success just trying to get my 100-150g protein. The carb part works itself out. As long as I make it a point to get enough protein and hit my calorie mark, I feel better and lose weight. It's the simple version, I suppose.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Easier for you maybe. But there's not one way to lose weight.

I eat between 160-250 carbs every day, I don't eat clean, and am losing just fine and am quite healthy.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    It' NOT an easier way for people to lose weight who like to actually eat foods that are CULTURALLY high in carbs, fat and sugar. Unless this is an eating plan you want to stick with the REST OF YOUR LIFE, then the weight loss may be just temporary. Introducing any sugar or carbs back into the diet would more than likely also increase weight.
    Easiest way to lose weight is to eat a way you can do the rest of your life at a calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

THIS SO MUCH!! This guy is hella smart.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You eat all that fatty meat and protein and your blood work will skyrocket. Your body needs carbs! The Good kind from fruits and veggies

I have been on the 80/10/10 for almost 8 weeks. I use to be a big meat eater the lowfat meats. I was finding that is was not working for weight loss or how i felt physically. Siince I have been doing Low Fat Raw Vegan I have lost another 5 lbs of Fat not muscle. I have more enegry then every before. I can go longer and harder and recover faster. I thought i was at the top of my game but i am finding there is more ladder to climb
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    PS my Carb total from yesterday on all fruits and veggies 475g Not gaining weight
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Do me a favor and don't "friend" me until you've tried it for a week...
    I'm not one for fad diets, so I'm gonna do myself a favor and never "friend" you. Okay?
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I can lose doing either way (higher carb, lower cal etc) or (Lower carb, higher fat), which ever one works for you, more power to ya, I found that after doing Lower carb for 2 years I just couldnt do it anymore. I find that higher carb, lower calorie may work slower, but in the end is better for me, good luck to all of you that do this :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    it works for me to...weight loss really is "easy" when you follow this lifestyle!
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^
    THIS
    I found an even better way!
    EAT LESS - MOVE MORE!
    Eat to goal daily. Simple....
  • steinmak1
    steinmak1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Carbohydrate is horrible for your health. It is a commonmisconception that it is needed for energy. However, if you have a diet very low carb and high fat, then your body turns to ketosis. Ketosisis when the body burns fat for energy. You will lose weight quickly, and many many other health aspects will improve. There is so much research out there if you know where to look.
  • LynnMichelleB
    LynnMichelleB Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you, I started eating clean as of 6/24/2012, and as of this morning I have dropped 4 pounds, the first 3 days were the hardest. But once you get over that, it has been free sailing, I even think I have my dad on board, who wants to lose weight, lol.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Carbohydrate is horrible for your health. It is a commonmisconception that it is needed for energy. However, if you have a diet very low carb and high fat, then your body turns to ketosis. Ketosisis when the body burns fat for energy. You will lose weight quickly, and many many other health aspects will improve. There is so much research out there if you know where to look.

"Where to look" for medical research is not someone's blog. It's also not PubMed, unless you have a whole lot of free time to read through hundreds upon hundreds of pages of scietific research and peer review analysis. Because if you don't read it all, or if you are not capable of understanding the compicated medical language, you are not getting the whole picture.

Carbohydrates are not horrible for health. It's extremely difficult to maintain health without fruits and vegetables, and they have carbohydrates. And there is plenty of scientific evidence that minimally processed whole grains improve health.

Your best bet to learn about nutrition is to listen to the recommendations of those in the field of nutrition science, as they do have the time and knowledge to read and understand all the studies. And they are not a mission to sell books or specific diets.

If you want to follow a Paleo, Primal or whatever diet, that is your choice, but don't spout nonsense like "carbohydrates are horrible for your health". How can you expect to be taken seriously when you say something like that?
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    bump
  • morgansmama
    morgansmama Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!! I have been struggling to break through my plateau even with extremely good eating! I was eating everything that was good for me, but I still implemented a lot of wheat, bread, and pastas (my weakness!!). Finally, I got fed up with not seeing any progress even when I would strength train three times a week and run about 4 miles 5 days a week. I LOST NOTHING. So I cut carbs big time. I just started Monday and I feel AMAZING and I've lost about 5 lbs! I upped my protein and I'm already seeing a significant change in my body!!! :) Thank you for posting this!!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thats what I started doing....maybe not as strict, but I have been trying to eat 'clean' lately...minus the last few days. :o
  • thekacers
    thekacers Posts: 68
    Options
    BUMP
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!