Howdy - New guy from Kingwood, TX

Options
mmeddleton
mmeddleton Posts: 100 Member
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the website, but have been using the MFP app on my iPhone for about 3 and a half months. I started with another app. but like MFP a whole lot better.

I'm a retired Navy Senior Chief (submarines), now a management consultant working with health care insurance trying to help make sense of all these new changes. I'm a Harley guy and love to ride. I wish MFP would come up with a realistic calorie counter for motorcycle riding. I know it burns a lot of calories.

Since I've started consulting 12 years ago (and with all the travel and restaurant meals that go with it), I've managed to increase my weight from 165 to almost 230 lbs. That didn't look too good on my 5' 8" body. I know there's a six pack in there somewhere just dying to be set free. Well in the 3 and a half months I've started actually doing something other than complain about my weight, I've lost over 25 lbs and am on track to hit 180 in September. My goal is to get back into my 32" waist jeans by the end of this year. That should put me back at around 165 lbs. I know this is very doable.

I look forward to exchanging encouragement and ideas with this group and hope to make some new friends here. I see a large group of Texans here. That's great! Good luck to all of you and don't get hung up on short term disappointments in your progress. Plateaus will happen, but this a long game.

Mark

Replies

• recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Howdy back my fellow Texan!!! (New Braunfels here).
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Howdy...An old guy from Dallas.
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am in Katy

Good job on your weight loss so far (although I secretly hate that is so easy for guys, LOL) and keep it up

Are you just watching what you eat, or exercising as well?
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll South Texas here!
  • Huggenkiss27
    Options
    Hi Mark!

Another Texan here (originally from Colorado). I just bought a house in the Summerwood area and should be out there in the next month or so! My boyfriend is also former Navy and spent years out in Japan.

Sounds like you are on track to hit your goal!!! Good luck and I'll shoot a friend request your way.
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I used to live in Kingwood; I'm down in Clear Lake area now.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Awesome staying on track to hit you Sept goal!

Not a Texan, originally from Ohio, stationed in Alaska :)
  • jeffsinkw
    jeffsinkw Posts: 16
    Options
    Tennesseean here. I didn't think getting back into my 32 in. waist jeans would ever be possible but after reading your post I'm wondering if that might become a reality for me too. Thanks for posting, and keep up the good work!
  • mdh1127
    mdh1127 Posts: 93
    Options
    Hello from southeast Texas!!
  • big_cowboy74
    big_cowboy74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Cameron, Texas. My son is a Corpsman currently training in Pensacola, Florida and soon to be stationed at North Island, California. He will be attached to a pilot in the Helicopter Combat Squadron. Could not be prouder of him.
  • KJ77493
    KJ77493 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello from Katy, TX. Feel free to add me! :)
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    :sad: Home sick for Houston!!!! Welcome!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP ....i am here to encourage as well....you'll do great
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Southeast Texas here -- Beaumont / Pt. Arthur / Orange area
  • jennakrysteen
    Options
    WEll hello there from West Columbia, Texas!
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi There! Fellow Texan here, too! I'm from Bastrop.
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in Fort Worth, but grew up in Spring, TX - practically neighbors! Good for you for doing so well! As an attorney, those restaurants are killers for me too because I'm out with clients and at various catered events all the time.
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am in Katy

Good job on your weight loss so far (although I secretly hate that is so easy for guys, LOL) and keep it up

Are you just watching what you eat, or exercising as well?

I feel the same way about guys losing weight!
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Frisco here, grew up in Buffalo Gap/Abilene. Welcome!!
  • ChrisRN75495
    Options
    Howdy back from Cannon, Texas!

(Give up? 40 or so miles NE of Dallas.....)

And thank you for your military service.