I'm a Carbotarian!

Options
I finally know why I love bread bread and more bread. I'm a Carbotarian!! All carbs all the time:laugh:

It would be really funny if it weren't so darn true:tongue:

Ok, done joking now. I shall go eat some meat:flowerforyou:

Replies

• TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Oh I'm right there with ya! Bread, pasta, granola... YUM.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    :grumble: we all are. And we're not happy about it :noway: :laugh:
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I love carbs!!
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step, Jeannie. ;-) (btw, you look great!)

We grilled hamburgers last night and I used Earthgrain Thin Buns. Mmm, SOOO good!

I have also found that a couple Fire Roasted Tomato and Olive Oil Triscuits tame my carb cravings.

What "treats" have you found that help keep the carb cravings under control?

Janet
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Mmm...carbs.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I too am a carbotarian!!!!!!!!! Bread Yummy:love:
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hello...my name is Marion and I'm addicted to panera's asiago bagels. :glasses:

But really, sometimes i think "carbs" are villified too much. Those darn bagles keep me full all morning and then i'm ready to exercise at lunch time.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the first meeting of CA!! (biscuits and cornbread will be served in the back!!):laugh:

Hmm....to curb my carb cravings I have to go 2 or 3 days with as little carbs as possible. Up until this week I had it under control with whole grain breads and triscuits always paired with a good dose of protein. Today I really worked on cutting it back down to normal.

The kids are LOL at me because I have been eating chips and dip, bread and butter, potatoes, sugar and white bread....they dont know who I am..

Hi, I am Jeannie and I am a Carboholic:laugh:
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am too - and i think the best (and worst) thing that ever happened to me was finding out I am gluten intolerant. Now I HAVE to avoid them. It is really sad though....mmmmm fresh bread.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, too! Mmmmm... cornbread...... My favorite meal would probably be pasta (with very little meat sauce), a side of potatoes and garlic bread! :laugh: Fortunately, I've seen the error of my ways and have been eating more balanced meals lately. But if all things were equal, I'd be right back on the Carb Train... :happy:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    For me carbs are not evil I just try to eat them in moderation. I don't crave them as much if I alow myself to eat them as a small part of a balanced meal. I also choose healthier versions like wheat bread and pasta.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'm right there with you, too! Mmmmm... cornbread...... My favorite meal would probably be pasta (with very little meat sauce), a side of potatoes and garlic bread! :laugh: Fortunately, I've seen the error of my ways and have been eating more balanced meals lately. But if all things were equal, I'd be right back on the Carb Train... :happy:

Ok.............I had a stuffing sandwich on white bread with canned cranberry sauce...........that is about equal to your meal!! Oh and I would sit right beside you and eat the other half!!!!!!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am too - and i think the best (and worst) thing that ever happened to me was finding out I am gluten intolerant. Now I HAVE to avoid them. It is really sad though....mmmmm fresh bread.

I was terrified when I went to the allergist, because I was certain he was going to find me gluten sensitive. I don't know if I was happy or sad when I found out I wasn't!:wink:
  • cmriverside
    Options

Ok.............I had a stuffing sandwich on white bread with canned cranberry sauce...........that is about equal to your meal!! Oh and I would sit right beside you and eat the other half!!!!!!:laugh:

thlmao-1.gif

mmmmmmmmm stuffing. white bread. cranberry sauce.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have never cared for bread or potatoes. I love pasta. I haven't craved it since I changed my eating. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes, processed carbs. Very evil to me, the wife is a chocoholic. I, well, for me, Movie theater pop corn is an addiction. I have been very very careful about how many, and what carbs I eat (with the exception of thanksgiving day of course, and as such, I've been doing well the last two years, do I relapse? Sometimes, but it's usually just once or twice every month or so, for one meal. I blame my parents (it's easier that way :tongue: ). I could eat a single Hershey's kiss and never think twice with a whole bowl of them in front of me, but put a bowl of pop corn in front, and I start to shake. Have I beaten it? No, but I'm winning, and I'll continue to win!
  • kaylarose123
    kaylarose123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i have a question, i exercise prob about 800-1,000 calories a day... I take in about 200-300g of carbs a day! i know A LOT right! I was wondering what you guys take in a day because i'm trying to get into ketosis.. Thats about 40-100g a day... Is it possible?!??!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    i have a question, i exercise prob about 800-1,000 calories a day... I take in about 200-300g of carbs a day! i know A LOT right! I was wondering what you guys take in a day because i'm trying to get into ketosis.. Thats about 40-100g a day... Is it possible?!??!

This is just a humble suggestion from a person who's done a LOT of research, but if you aren't sure, and I mean REALLY sure, what ketosis is all about, I mean deep study, asking experts, talking to lots of people who are both for and against it, I wouldn't do it. Ketosis, while not generally considered dangerous if done correctly(that's harder than it sounds), is VERY demanding on the body, and it's meant to be a permanent lifestyle. People who use it as a way to quickly lose a few pounds, almost always gain the weight back once they come out of it and then usually a little extra.

And if you have done all this, or want to enter ketosis for other reasons, no, 200 to 300 g of carbs doesn't put you any where near ketosis, you need to be down between 20 and 60 g per day (depending on your body), and just a warning, it'll feel TERRIBLE for a couple of days up to a week or so, light headed, irritable, nausea, diarrhea, headaches...etc. MAKE SURE IF YOU DO THIS, DRINK TONS OF WATER!!!!! That's the number one thing.

All in all, a difficult journey for most, just be sure of it.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Hey, Steve -- maybe this will help
    I could eat a single Hershey's kiss and never think twice with a whole bowl of them in front of me, but put a bowl of pop corn in front, and I start to shake. Have I beaten it? No, but I'm winning, and I'll continue to win!

I just had a tooth PULLED.....GONE..... NEVER COMING BACK!!! last week. It was cracked. I am also a big popcorn lover. I'm sure it was either cracked by popcorn, or the frequent eating of popcorn exacerbated it. Not much else can do that to a tooth (a molar).
    I feel terrible about it, and it was not only painful but depending on what I decide to do surgically, it could cost upwards of $4,000 to "fix" and it will never be my own tooth again. :sad:

Needless to say, I believe that stopped my popcorn habit :ohwell:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

I just had a tooth PULLED.....GONE..... NEVER COMING BACK!!! last week. It was cracked. I am also a big popcorn lover. I'm sure it was either cracked by popcorn, or the frequent eating of popcorn exacerbated it. Not much else can do that to a tooth (a molar).
    I feel terrible about it, and it was not only painful but depending on what I decide to do surgically, it could cost upwards of $4,000 to "fix" and it will never be my own tooth again. :sad:

Needless to say, I believe that stopped my popcorn habit :ohwell:

I feel your pain lady, I currently have 6 fake teeth, 1 in the front, 1 K9, and 4 molars. My family is blessed (so the dentist says) with thin enamel or something like that, I dunno. All I know is I love pop corn, have a whole butt load of fake teeth now, and so many root canals I'm surprised I don't set off the alarms at the airport. One of these days I'm just gonna have em knock me out and yank every stupid one out, and replace em with fakes, at least I won't have to worry about cavities any more!