The new BBC Sherlock

Options
albayin
albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
So fascinating...The music particularly. I like watching Martin Freeman and thought he was pretty cute. Benedict talks fast but somehow I don't feel the same speed of brain as the classic Jeremy's Sherlock...

Not sure when PBS is going to air the season 2.

Replies

• NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    I loved this version, so much better than the Robert Downey, Jr. movie (at least the 1st one is there a new one coming out?). I eagerly anticipated each episode, and was sorry when it was over, but loved the cliffhanger ending. Should see more of Moriarty soon! I love that the PBS version is set in the 21st century.

Can't wait for the new season, here is the info from the PBS website:

"From MASTERPIECE MYSTERY!, premiering at 9:00 p.m. May 6 and continuing through May 20, Sherlock Holmes stalks again in the three-part “Sherlock, Series 2.” This modern version, set in 21st-century London, stars Benedict Cumberbatch (War Horse) as the go-to consulting detective and Martin Freeman (The Hobbit) as his loyal friend, Dr. John Watson"
  • albayin
    Options
    I loved this version, so much better than the Robert Downey, Jr. movie (at least the 1st one is there a new one coming out?). I eagerly anticipated each episode, and was sorry when it was over, but loved the cliffhanger ending. Should see more of Moriarty soon! I love that the PBS version is set in the 21st century.

Can't wait for the new season, here is the info from the PBS website:

"From MASTERPIECE MYSTERY!, premiering at 9:00 p.m. May 6 and continuing through May 20, Sherlock Holmes stalks again in the three-part “Sherlock, Series 2.” This modern version, set in 21st-century London, stars Benedict Cumberbatch (War Horse) as the go-to consulting detective and Martin Freeman (The Hobbit) as his loyal friend, Dr. John Watson"

May...cannot wait.
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This series is the best thing on television and everyone involved is brilliant.
    FACT! <3<3<3
  • albayin
    Options
    This series is the best thing on television and everyone involved is brilliant.
    FACT! <3<3<3

I was a bit disappointed of the second season however...The first one is simply amazing all the way!
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Sherlock! It aired a while ago in the UK, and I'm very happy that it's reaching a wider audience in the US and such like! I cannot wait for the third series, hopefully we don't have to wait too long!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Sherlock! It aired a while ago in the UK, and I'm very happy that it's reaching a wider audience in the US and such like! I cannot wait for the third series, hopefully we don't have to wait too long!

I think it's sometime around Christmas. They don't make enough of them!
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options

I think it's sometime around Christmas. They don't make enough of them!

Ooh Christmas is the best for television. Doctor Who special, and now possibly more Sherlock!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    So fascinating...The music particularly. I like watching Martin Freeman and thought he was pretty cute. Benedict talks fast but somehow I don't feel the same speed of brain as the classic Jeremy's Sherlock...

I have Season 1 on DVD and recently bought Series 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it! "A Scandal in Belgravia" features a picturesque Irene Adler (Lara Pulver) and the exchanges between her and Holmes are nothing short of brilliant! "The Hounds of Baskerville" a more familiar retelling of classic Holmes stories and "The Reichenbach Fall" is a fitting wrap up for the series, full of twists and turns. I anxiously await Season 3!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Benedict Cumberbatch has to be the most fascinating Sherlock ever.
  • albayin
    Options

I have Season 1 on DVD and recently bought Series 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it! "A Scandal in Belgravia" features a picturesque Irene Adler (Lara Pulver) and the exchanges between her and Holmes are nothing short of brilliant! "The Hounds of Baskerville" a more familiar retelling of classic Holmes stories and "The Reichenbach Fall" is a fitting wrap up for the series, full of twists and turns. I anxiously await Season 3!

I never liked the story of "scandal" not original nor the new one...Guess I can't stand the fact that Sherlock is losing the case in any way. LOL I think she's so pretty but somewhat I don't like the look as much as I wished.
  • albayin
    Options
    Benedict Cumberbatch has to be the most fascinating Sherlock ever.

I still have my heart for Jeremy...
  • mayfly00
    mayfly00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love this show! I haven't seen season 2 yet, but I found it online and I've been trying to find time for it for weeks now. It's my second favorite show, after Doctor Who.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    its amazing television, fabulous. Love it, love the BBC
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    One of my fave shows, Benedict Cumberbatch is brilliant in it - Reichenbach fall was one of my fave episodes so far but I wish they would make more episodes each series.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's so fantastic!

The sad thing is that Season 3 won't even start filming until early 2013! :sad:
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It is an amazing series!!! I have seen both S1 and S2 and wow I can't wait for S3
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who and Sherlock...TV just doesn't get any better than that...ooh except for Downton Abbey!
  • albayin
    Options
    Doctor Who and Sherlock...TV just doesn't get any better than that...ooh except for Downton Abbey!

I tried to watch Dr. Who...but I can't :(
  • albayin
    Options
    My current fave are: midsomer murders, and inspector lewis. :)
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who is amazing!!