I was raised deficient in supportive behavior.

Options
Please tell me how can I help a friend who seems to be jealous that I'm a little thinner than she is right now. She thinks I'm getting more attention....or I can feel that envy bug crawling around. I need help because I wasn't raised in a very supportive familY!

Please be kind and funny but not mean cuz I love my friends who struggle with their weight.

Thanks

Replies

• Blondehelmet
    Blondehelmet Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is she trying to lose weight too? Or does she just have a different body shape than you?
  • lancemahfouz
    Options
    You have to find a way that will put you both on the same track. If she is jealous but doesnt want to work then all you can be is nice and just smile. Start getting together and walking or going to the zoo and walking around for hours. Anything is better than nothing. You have to show her that its fun to be fit but it does take work. Get her to join on here and meet people who will be just as encouraging and nice to her as you are.
  • abaxterbear
    Options
    You can't control other peoples responses/thoughts/feelings -- just do what is good for you. If she is a good friend, she'll adjust to it.