How many languages can you speak?

Options
NotSurprised
NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
I can speak English & Spanish, I would like to know Chinese, Hebrew, Russian, Japanese, and French. I'm intending to learn Chinese in the next week or so starting that is, I'm not a savant.:laugh:

Replies

• mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    How did you learn spanish? I really want to learn, especially living in Texas. I don't know whether or not I should invest in Rosetta Stone.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I learned it while living there for six months, i attended school & learned it from an authentic Spanish teacher. I was7 & a half came back when I was 8.:smile:

Rosetta Stone I guess it's good, but I believe learning from a Teacher may be the best option if you can or in combo for sure, you can look it up in the Yellow pages.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I speak English and does Southern count as a different language:laugh: . Funny thing is I could read Spanish but could never speak it very well.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    a little bit, it's a dialect if you will seriously sometimes some southerners have a way of talking to the extreme which can be its own language almost entirely.
  • jess1304
    Options
    English and I'm taking my second year of spanish :)
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    How's the Spanish going, do you like it or is it for business or just general communication.
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    French and English!!
  • lodaniel77
    Options
    English, Italian, and Spanish are the languages I can speak. I learned English, obviously, living in the US but I was blessed to be born of Italian immigrants and Italian was my first language. I took 4 years of Spanish in school because my only other language choice was French and I didn't want to learn that.

Mastering a language takes time and discipline but it is wonderful to learn as much as you can--most students in other countries are fluent in more than one language and typically more than two.

Good luck!
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    French very cool, then I guess any language someone speaks which you don't already seems cool, but still French is particurally cool.:laugh:
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    Fluently I could speak English and Cantonese. For those wanting to learn Chinese, I recommend the Mandarin dialect because Cantonese is near impossible to learn ;P

I'm also learning French ^_^
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I also would like to learn Italian, maybe some form of an African Language why not there are like several thousand insane.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I speak English as a native language, and I know some French.
    I'd like to learn Italian.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    interesting, because I thought traditional Chinese was the difficult one to learn which is the one I wanted to learn anyway atleast as the first one.
  • schlieffen
    Options
    I can speak English and French and very minimal German
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    English and Pig latin
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    English and Pig latin

Hahahaha-- no fair, you beat me to it.:laugh:

I can also talk trash-- does that count?:tongue:
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    American English or England English?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    English and Pig latin

:laugh: :laugh: I can speak English (almost :laugh: ) and smack. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, and I can speak cat. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    English and Pig latin

:laugh: :laugh: I can speak English (almost :laugh: ) and smack. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, and I can speak cat. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've also been told that I speak gibberish.
  • Marla64
    Options
    American English or England English?

Wouldn't that be "American English or proper English?" :wink: