Need some tips and some insight.

Options
Alright so before I start don't even really bother looking at my food journal. Due to being limited to my phone and having no internet service I havn't been able to log in my food at all. I will be loggin again soon once I move back to the city for school.

Now.. Stats
Height: 5 3
build:small-medium
current weight: 168
goal weight: 130
Ultimate goal: 115-120

So I am at a stand still it seems. I am trying to average my food intake and consume average 1400 currently working on upping due to this stand still to 1600.

I do 30 mins of walking on the tread on the highest incline at 3.8 -4.0 speed. (any more cardio than that and I want to smash my head against something because I'm so bored.)

I loove lifting weights, love love love. do that 3-5 days a week depending on how I feel.
I'm averaging about 1g of protein per body weight. My fats are witiin range and so are my carbs which I only eat post workout. I also drink 4-6 L of water a day

So I guess I'm just wondering why the number bouncing etc? any insight into this beacuse I'm getting super frustrated haha,

Replies

• Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Is there any other cardio you can tolerate? I'd recommend adding at least some hiit to your workout program (high intensity interval training-google it for ideas but basically you alternate between moderate intensity and omg I can't possibly push any harder then back to moderate intensity again. You can burn quite a bit in a shorter period of time so you're not boring yourself on the cardio front. Also switch up your weight routine if you've been doing the same thing for awhile. Make sure you're always challenging yourself! Also make sure you're taking measurement, if you're lifting intensely you will be gaining muscle which is more dense than fat so while you probably are dropping fat, the increase in lean muscle mass is keeping the scale from budgeing.

And finally change up your diet, try cutting back on carbs a bit, make sure you're not overdoing it on sodium too.

Good luck!!
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I know I'm probably biased, but I would highly recommend something like P90X or Insanity. They are workouts that not only allow weight lifting but also cardio that will keep you entertained. I have a hard time with monotonous workouts so this has worked out very well for me. Before P90X I had sat at my weight for years. I started P90X some 7 weeks ago and I've lost over 25 pounds already! Feel free to friend me!
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips I will try this out and see what happens :)
  • empressalexa
    Options
    :smile: I agree that you may need to try something different. Once you find a exercise that you enjoy it will fall into place. There are lots of different fitness programs to choose from. . There are some many different fitness levels and they keep you going,. I have done P90X, Slim in 6 and Chalene extreme. I also have Turbo Fire. You can send me a message if you would like to discuss more about this. Good luck and keep at it what ever you decide to do.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Is that walking daily in addition to lifting? If so, here are the numbers I get for you:

BMR: 1493
    TDEE: 2577 - based on 5-6 hours/week of strenuous activity weekly (if that walk is daily)
    20% Cut: 2061 - the number of calories you should eat every day to lose 1 lb/week

If the walk isn't daily...

BMR: 1493
    TDEE: 2315 - based on 3-5 hours per week of moderate activity
    20% cut: 1852 - the number of calories you should eat every day to lose about 1 lb/week... slightly less...

I say eat more. Bump it up to 1900 for a few weeks... it's still well below your TDEE no matter what activity level.