Cereal

Options

Replies

• twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I really love Total Raisin Bran. 160 calories for a whole cup of cereal. It does a real good job of sticking to me and keeping me full.
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've always loved Raisin Bran and my husband is Cheerios. It's funny because our kids will NOT eat normal sugary kid cereals. It has to be either one of these or Frosted flakes.... which they call "Old Man Cereal" LOL!
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I eat Captain Crunch/Froot Loops on a weekly basis - it's a part of my diet.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I used to live on cereal as a kid. I loved Count Chocula and Lucky Charms. Although if I knew then what I know now I would probably weigh a lot less lol I also loved Cocoa and Fruity Pebbles and it's not a cereal but Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts but I don't think you can get any of those in Canada anymore.
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Life. Smack your Grandma good....
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    or just crushed up oreos that i would put in a bowl with milk ... the most amazing "cereal" ever lol

oh that would be so YUM! never did it , but I so love oreos and mik especially when they are soggy LOL
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love Captain Crunch & Life cereals. Yumm.....
    I was eating healthier cereal for a while (Kashi Heart-to-Heart), but I stopped. Cereal just doesn't stick with me; I don't get the energy boost like from my protein smoothies, and I get hungry again way too quickly. Just didn't seem worth it for something that didn't taste amazing.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    currently if i could eat as much of one cereal as i wanted i'd do "love crunch aloha sunrise". omg is it so good. i have to use a measuring cup when i have some cause i really tend to go overboard with that
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    or just crushed up oreos that i would put in a bowl with milk ... the most amazing "cereal" ever lol

oh that would be so YUM! never did it , but I so love oreos and mik especially when they are soggy LOL
    I love Oreos, but that just made me a little nauseous. I'm going to take that as a positive sign my brain is adapting to a lower-sugar lifestyle!
  • catcatscatss
    Options
    I definitely agree with the Oreo o's and i am absolutely obsessed with cereal, like i am probably an addict. But Captain Crunch is my definite tried and true favorite. The Peanut butter, berry kind, and original, its all crazy addicting to me.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    These bad boys I'd eat a box at a time.

honeygrahamohs.jpg
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I miss Count Chocula, Golden Grahams and Cinnamon Toast Crunch :( I always point them out if they are on sale at the grocery store but I don't buy them anymore. I actually don't eat boxed cereal at all anymore - I make my own oatmeal every morning that has lots of fruit and no added sugar. It's delicious and super healthy but it sure doesn't beat a giant bowl of super-sugary cereal :tongue:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    What is the cereal you miss the most that you either can't find in the store anymore

Clusters. Don't know what happened to it but its no where to be found now. I loved that cereal...besides oatmeal, it was the only other cereal I would eat. There are generic brands that try to mimic it but they don't taste anywhere near as good.
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    I love to eat a lot of the cereal that is not the healthiest for me, but in portion control and proper serving size I still eat it if I want it.
    But I love Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries, but had to stop eating that years ago because it tears the roof of my mouth up!
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    WOW. I am so surprised no one has mentioned Waffle Crisp. So, so, so waffle-y and delicious. Also, in the Mid-West in the 90's we would get Oops Berries--Cap'n Crunch with just the berries. Guaranteed to tear your mouth up good. So worth it, though. These are both cereals that to my knowledge are no longer made. Sad, because either of those would be awesome cheats.

ETA: Just looked it up and apparently Waffle Crisp is still available, but Oops Berries is limited time only. But also, Oreo O's!
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE Peanut Butter Captain Crunch!!!! Now I eat Kashi, Peanut Butter Cheerios and Special K.
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE Popeye's cereal. It was like little disk shaped sweet corn puffs. Oh so delicious. They aren't around anymore, which saddens me. =(
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    Froot Loops with Marshmallows! That's what I miss!

Now I eat apple cinnamon cheerios! Which are still good!
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    Sunflower Cereal. I don't even remember the name of it for sure, but it was like Corn Flakes with Sunflower kernels in it. So good.
  • MCsAngel2
    MCsAngel2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    OMG. Reading this thread was torture.

Signed, major cereal lover.