Can I have one "bad food" everyday and still lose weight?

Options

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Eat them ......

and then if you're unhappy with your weight loss, you can always eat less of them :drinker:
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    heck yes :)
  • WKenL
    WKenL Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation, I say.

^^ That is what you need to remember.

A little coffee? Some cookies? Sure. Just watch your total calories and make sure that you're getting your nutrients.

Think of it this way: If eating a cookie or two each day keeps you from having a craving that leaves you tempted to eat a dozen of them one day, you're ahead of the game. If you really feel bad about it, do five extra minutes of jumping jacks or something to alleviate the guilt.
  • Blueleaf
    Blueleaf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

This guy lost 27 lbs eating nothing but pure junk food.

Not a great idea, even if his numbers went down, but nutrition is secondary to weight loss. And 80 calories in cookies doesn't seem harmful to me anyway.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Lets say I'm eating healthy, with everything being in the daily limitt (including calories, fats, carbs etc), can I still have a bad food? For example, I like to have two cups of black coffee a day. With those I enjoy these 80 calorie chocolate chip cookies - I have 2 a day. If it still fits in with the daily intake, would it be really bad if I were to have them?

there is no bad food.
  • joeyplatypus92
    Options
    no such thing as a "bad" food,

a calorie is a calorie, protein in a cheeseburger is the same as protein from ground turkey, etc
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Eat as much good or BAD food as you want. Just stay under your calorie goal for the day.

At some point you will realize that you could eat alot more GOOD food for the same calories as the bad food.

quoted because its perfect. perfect.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    As long as you work it into your plan I don't see why not. I think its better to give yourself some treats (or tastes of them) so that you don't feel deprived and go off track.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate and drink coffee (with creamer) every day. It's all about portions and staying within calorie limits. Get your healthy foods in and enjoy the rest.
  • cmayoung
    cmayoung Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new kind of cookie called "Whonu?" they are yummy and supposedly better for you nutritionally.

http://www.whonucookies.com/Nutrition.aspx
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    Yes, you can... but everyday as you mentioned may not be the best for other reasons.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have a half a cup (280 cal). A whole cup would be 560 cal. That's an entire meal for most people.
    I have a cup of ice cream just about every single night. Some people might consider that bad. I consider it ohhhh soooo good :)
    [/quote Wow, your ice cream must be higher in calories than mine. I eat the Dryer's Peanut Butter Cup churned style and its 260 calories for 1 cup.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    check my diary, ate a slice of casey's BACON breakfast pizza for over 500 calories. Do I feel guilty? Hell no, I'm in my limits and that was the first time I let myself have that treat in about 6 months. I usually have a treat now and then but never really anything THAT heavy in calories/fat. I earned it with how much I lost, and burned it with what I exercised today plus some. Won't have it again for quite some time but today will be a fond memory, lol. Cheers to your coffee & cookie habit.
  • cmayoung
    cmayoung Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new kind of cookie called "Whonu?" they are yummy and supposedly better for you nutritionally.

http://www.whonucookies.com/Nutrition.aspx

Ok, so the google search for the website lead me to some reviews and apparently, they are not so good for you. Oh well, who knew? lol
  • swkittrell
    swkittrell Posts: 48
    Options
    I don't see where it would hurt you as long as you stay within your calories and you are eating healthy. I really don't want sweets much anymore. If I want something sweet I usually reach for some fruit. I do not use food as a reward when I am staying on program. I reward myself with something I have been wanting to buy as my reward. That way it's a win win situation.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a half a cup (280 cal). A whole cup would be 560 cal. That's an entire meal for most people.
    I have a cup of ice cream just about every single night. Some people might consider that bad. I consider it ohhhh soooo good :)
    [/quote Wow, your ice cream must be higher in calories than mine. I eat the Dryer's Peanut Butter Cup churned style and its 260 calories for 1 cup.

If you guys like strawberry ice cream Skinny cow has some AMAZING strawberry Ice cream sandwiches for like 150 cals I think. They aren't small either, love em! For some reason my walmart swapped that flavor out for some other flavor that totally sucks, but I'll keep stalking that section waiting for it to come back.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I eat a bag of M&M's in my Greek yogurt EVERY SINGLE DAY. I also eat a couple of chocolate chip cookies EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I've lost nearly 60lbs and kept it off for almost 2 years. All my blood work and other health related tests are excellent and perfect.

Remember that this is the only life you have to live - don't forget to enjoy it.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I have at least one treat a day, usually after I've satisfied my important macros and have a few calories left over, lol.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It's calories that matter. You might want to watch though, on some days maybe you aren't full from your other foods and may need to skip your high calorie treat for some low calorie fillers so you aren't hungry.