Who are you? A Trekie, or a Whovie. The ultimate debate.

Options

Replies

• Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Star Trek -- original. then Voyager....loved the female captain! then all the other Start Treks....ALLL movies. Then came Battelstar Gallatica. Only loved original Star Wars. then they got kinda dumb....then the whole first isn't first, go back before crap just annoyed me so never watched the later episodes. if they were first, they shoulda been first.....lol

still miss Battlestar.....and Voyager (seen it three times...)

what's next? where is my new space scifi. hubby loves Walkin Dead...but I NEED SPACE---
  • demondj0220
    Options
    Whovie. Matt Smith.
  • fletchilicious
    Options
    The ultimate debate? Where? England? Certainly not in the US.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I was 12 years old when I went to my first Dr. Who convention. I bought a Tom Baker poster, button and the pattern for how to make that nifty scarf he wore! :)

Yay! Someone else who knows Dr. Who from a long time ago! David Tennant is hottest, but I liked Tom Baker.
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    I like both Star Trek and Dr. Who.

Started watching Dr Who about 40 years ago. :glasses: Tom Baker was my favorite Doctor.
  • ConstableOdo
    ConstableOdo Posts: 104
    Options
    I like both equally and for different reasons.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    oh my Honey you are so young. I am both. I watched Star Trek the original back in the 70's and Dr Who every week on PBS for our half hour episode back in the 70's also. Tom Baker is the my favorite Doctor Who. It would be so hilarious for Dr Who to land on the Enterprise.
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i love this thread!
    Doctor Who
    Star Trek
    Firefly
    Sherlock
    Misfits
    i love this thread!

the 9th Doctor will always be my first.

i have nothing useful to add hah
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    img-thing.jpg

Tai-kong suo-yo duh shing-chiouh doh sai-jin wuh duh pee-goo!
  • Canuck_TriFit
    Canuck_TriFit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Star Trek Original series.
    Captain Kirk... is my favorite acting... captain... The way.... he takes forever... to get a sentence out! Also.... the way he totally.... ignored.... the prime.... directive!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Star Trek Original series.
    Captain Kirk... is my favorite acting... captain... The way.... he takes forever... to get a sentence out! Also.... the way he totally.... ignored.... the prime.... directive!

Great nickname and well said!
  • EJand94
    EJand94 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You're all posers....I've been watching Doctor Who since 1975.....Tom Baker IS my Doctor. That was when it was a toss up to who was hotter....Sarah Jane Smith or Romana II

Of course Ace was pretty hot during the Sylvester McCoy years...

This is true. For someone who has watched it since tom baker, i am indeed a poser. But I was born in the '90s, and wasn't exposed to Sci Fi until I got to high school. I thought it was lame. Now, it is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
  • EJand94
    Options
    Trekkie. Old school. Get off my lawn.

DOCTOR WHO STARTED IN 1963!!!! Star Trek didn't start till 1966!!!! WHich was when the doctor who movie came out. Star trek also has it's longevity based off of spin offs. Doctor who is one show :)
  • EJand94
    Options
    Oh, and Sarah Jane Smith, Romana 2, Rose, and Rory are my favorite companions. And let's not forget, Jack Harkness. Face of Boe, ftw.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Ick, neither. I'm more of an X-Files kind of girl.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    what's next? where is my new space scifi. hubby loves Walkin Dead...but I NEED SPACE---

You and me, both, sister!

Out of the two in the op, Star Trek takes the edge only because I've been watching them longer. I love them both, though.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I choose both and more!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    No love for Stargate?

I nerd out on some Stargate
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options