What Do You Add To Your Water?

Options

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    The only thing I add to water is MORE WATER!!!!!! :)

Seriously, after a few days of it, you get to like the "health benefits without the costs" feeling.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    a wedge of lemon or lime... I've also thrown an herbal tea bag in when I fill up my bottle at night. The next morning, it's 64 oz of deliciousness! hehe
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I like it ice cold - but I also add that Mio stuff at times. I like a squeeze of the fruit punch and a squeeze of the lemonade mixed in.
  • MrsPodaski
    MrsPodaski Posts: 34
    Options
    I saw this on TV the other day, Cut up watermelon into 2" squares, Freeze on a cookie sheet then put in a Zip Lock bag and use as ice cubes in water or any other drink. Thanks Rachel Ray!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Been adding Mio. I don't care for plain water unless I'm really thirsty.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    I prefer plain water but do these when i have get togethers. Everybody loves them and hey look pretty:smile:
    http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I like that too!
  • HVoyager
    HVoyager Posts: 13
    Options
    ice.
  • Less0Beth
    Less0Beth Posts: 16
    Options
    Adding sweeteners to water adds calories, what we don't need. Also makes you crave something else sweet. Try this idea....put a small piece of fruit in an ice cube container then fill with water to make ice. I have the ice cube container that is smaller, allows me to put the cubes of ice in my water bottle for my walks. I allow myself a few ice cubes in my bottled water, and when the water is gone, I have a nice surprise at the end. Cherries are really cheap now, and so are blackberries and raspberries. One berry or cherry per ice cube is great. Virtually no calories, and it makes me want to finish the water so I can get my "treat".
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Plain for me
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    A cup. I had pnemonia and something else which resulted in severe dehydration as a small child. They forced me to drink water in the hospital. I knew I was getting better and very proud when I was drinking a glass of water. Ever since then, it is the only thing I drink (that doesn't have alcohol in it). I am picky, a lot of waters suck, but I ****ing love water. Nothing is as deliciou and refreshing as plain ice cold water.

No ice cubes that have been sitting in the freezer, either, they taste funny :tongue:
  • honeygirl0715
    Options
    I just add lots of ice and a squeeze of lemon juice. Ice cold water tastes so good.
  • kbd388
    kbd388 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Can't believe nobody has mentioned the True products...

True Lemon
    True Lime
    True Grapefruit
    True Orange

No artificial sweeteners, no calories. Delicious (except the orange...i'm not big on oranges in general though).

These are the ones made by Crystal Light with Truvia, right? This is what I use, 30 calories for the packet. I use one per day, usually lemonade, sometimes mixed berry. I've never seen lime, grapefruit or orange. I would love lime. When I'm not drinking water, I drink lime seltzer.
  • jayegirl99
    Options
    Keep it plain! I do add BCAAs twice a day on training days.
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Mostly plain water. But occasionally, I will take a propel packet, some crystal light, or that MIO stuff.
  • Shemotivatesme
    Options
    Mio or cucumbers
  • gonnabethinandfit
    gonnabethinandfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm really obsessed with plain old water. I probably drink at least a glass every 20 minutes or so.. a lot. Sometimes I chug a full litre, sometimes I chug a couple cups.. don't try to taste it, hydration is about hydrating. I love the feeling of it flowing down when my stomach is empty, so refreshing!
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't drink water during my workout.. I drink this Rockstar - Energy Drink - Sugar Free 473ml

I only drink water after or during the day.. plain water.. is fine with me..

The only time I drink plain water for some excercise activity is if I am doing some long cardio or at dehydration risks...
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    A teaspoon of cider vinigar to a pint of water.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Mio