New clothing..

Options
So I love losing weight but one downside is that my clothing fits terribly now! I just bought new jeans 3-4 weeks ago, and now they look awful too because they are falling down, since I have lost a few more inches since then. I don't want to keep spending more money on clothes every few weeks while in transition but feel kind of dowdy in clothes that don't fit properly.

Does anyone have a rule of thumb as to the best times to purchase new clothing while losing weight? I'm sure it's not a perfect science...just wanted to see if anyone had any tips.

thanks!

Replies

• pawprint061
    Options
    I buy new clothing every ten pounds....
  • courtneylynn0889
    Options
    if you are having trouble with constantly buying new pants... i would recommend maybe by one pair of jeans when u get down a size and stick iwth sweats or like yoga pants something with like a tie you can pull tighter intill you get down a couple of sizes if you want to save money... because you can still feel awesome when you throw on those one pair of jeans you got... that the only thing i can think of at this time
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Perhaps check out thrift stores (like Goodwill) where you can get some clothes for pretty cheap. Then donate them again when they are too big. :tongue:
  • Reeder
    Reeder Posts: 20
    Options
    If money is an issue, and it can be, depending on how much you buy, try Goodwill. They have decent prices. Sometimes there are still tags on the items. Not for sure where you live but...Eddie Bauer outlet is the best! I buy things for $5! Some things are higher but worth it.
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :drinker:

You can also take them to the cleaners and have them taken in, or if you know someone who sews maybe they can help you with that...good luck
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I started shopping the thrift stores. When I hit size 8 I bought a bunch of stuff thinking I was done. SURprise! My body is not done and I am in baggy azz 8s now (not really complaining:love: ) Back to the thrift store for me!!
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    Buy Old Navy jeans a size down. They stretch soooooo much. If you put them on and bend your legs and squat a bit, they will stretch out to a point of being comfortable.
  • frogtoestoo
    Options
    I'm a jeans and jeans type person, and I have been getting mine at a thrift store. If there is a consignment/thrift store near you, it's a great place to get nearly new jeans at $5 a pop or so. An extra benefit at my local store is that it's a non-profit for the animal shelter. I've gone from a 22 to a 4 over the past 9 months, so I've been a good customer!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    go to thrift store and have found gap jeans and american eagle there too. for 6 dollars and under!!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone....looks like the Consignment shop is the best bet. I'll go check it out!