lost 31 lbs in a little over 1 month

Options
so excited, so proud... with a little hard work and lots of challenges. i feel like a million bucks. i am going to do this, this time. really nothing is gunna let me quit. i have never felt this good about losing all this weight. maybe because i have never been this big without being pregnant, well not anymore .... lol.... i am thirty one pounds lighter, praise the lord!!!!! just thought i would share have a great night all!!!

Replies

• Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    so excited, so proud... with a little hard work and lots of challenges. i feel like a million bucks. i am going to do this, this time. really nothing is gunna let me quit. i have never felt this good about losing all this weight. maybe because i have never been this big without being pregnant, well not anymore .... lol.... i am thirty one pounds lighter, praise the lord!!!!! just thought i would share have a great night all!!!

That's fantastic! Congratulations! :flowerforyou: You're doing an awesome job! :smile: Keep it up, and before you know it, you'll be at your goal! :smile:
  • jacquelinekrigby
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment!
  • Tasha73
    Options
    Wow...congrats!!! What a huge accomplishment.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • iris6466
    Options
    way to go! congrats. Please share what did you do?
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good evening and congratulations. How did you lose so much weight so fast?
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    That's awsome!!! Anything special you doing???
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I am happy for you but....is that healthy to loose that amount of weight in such a short time? It's takes me a month to loose 5 lbs. So I have to ask how your doing this?
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Congradulations !!!!!!! :flowerforyou: how did you do it? Thats alot of weight loss in one month. Are you eating at all?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I am happy for you but....is that healthy to loose that amount of weight in such a short time? It's takes me a month to loose 5 lbs. So I have to ask how your doing this?

I was thinking the same thing...that's kind of an extreme weight loss.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    No it's not healthy at all! It's a great feeling, but remember with rapid weight loss, you can also rebound even easier than if you lost it slow and steady.
    now, what's your secret???lol
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options

The amount of weight it's healthy for a person to lose per month is really dependant on their starting weight, I think. We don't know what the OP's starting weight was. If they were extremely heavy to begin with, it would explain that big of a weight loss. You see it quite often on The Biggest Loser- contestants losing 5-20 pounds per week. Bigger people burn more calories (because of the extra weight they have to carry) and usually have bigger calorie deficits when they try to lose weight. I think the '2 pounds a week' is really an average.

So I think that 31 pounds is entirely doable- and a great accomplishment- in certain situations! Good for you!

However, if your starting weight was below 200 pounds, I would also tend to be a little bit concerned over such a big jump!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

The amount of weight it's healthy for a person to lose per month is really dependant on their starting weight, I think. We don't know what the OP's starting weight was. If they were extremely heavy to begin with, it would explain that big of a weight loss. You see it quite often on The Biggest Loser- contestants losing 5-20 pounds per week. Bigger people burn more calories (because of the extra weight they have to carry) and usually have bigger calorie deficits when they try to lose weight. I think the '2 pounds a week' is really an average.

So I think that 31 pounds is entirely doable- and a great accomplishment- in certain situations! Good for you!

However, if your starting weight was below 200 pounds, I would also tend to be a little bit concerned over such a big jump!

WELL SAID! I was going to post the same thing but I was too lazy lol. We have no idea what weight this person started at so I think 31 lbs in a "little over a month" is totally doable depending on the starting weight and other factors.
  • my_cherie72
    Options
    yes i started out at 257 and now am down to 226!!!! so thank you all, o and i have been working my tail offf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! secret hard work... i have really decided to do it this time... i have to be honest i am currently on adipex... the 37.5mg once a day, my family doctor prescribed them to me, they don't like give to amazing energy... but i guess they help somewhere. you can only recieve them for three months here in ohio, so 1 month and three weeks left, and then back to on my own, but i will be okey ... i know i will. its really not the pills. i have never been so okey with anything in all my life. i feel great. i am doing awesome. food is no longer really a struggle. its kind of weird, because my whole life, its ruled my life.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you!
  • my_cherie72
    Options
    thank you all, i am well pleased!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Diet pills aren't necessary, and I'm glad you can only be on them for 3 months. Either way, 7+ pounds/ week isn't a healthy weight loss in my opinion (like I said, my opinion). As great as it feels to lose the weight, I started out at 315, and it took me months to lose 31 pounds at 2 pounds/ week. Slow down, take your time and do it the healthy, safe way.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of "HATERS" on this website
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of "HATERS" on this website

I'm not certain it's a case of haters. I have been targeted by true haters before and this would be a far cry from the flaming and hurtfulness that some people can muster.

We're all on here for the same reason. It doesn't matter if you started at 500 lbs and want to lose the equivilent of 3 people or if you're 140 lbs and want to shed 10 lbs! Support and concern comes in many packages and I think this was a prime example. I read this post because I was initially alarmed that someone could lose 31 pounds in one month. I have worked with people who have had gastric bypass surg or gastric banding and I see those lose dramatic amounts of weight, however their bodies have been altered and they're usually on liquid diets! She started at 257 which is overweight and perhaps with a mixxture of the prescription medication and the change in habits, her body reacted. Either way I would love to see a continued weight loss without chemical assistance. I think there is a chance of negative rebounds because you're still using an assistant to control hunger etc. What those tablet's won't control is emotional eating so clearly there has been a change and I hope that her weight loss continues and she continues to be as happy and as motivated as she is now!

A congratulations is definately to be had, an acknowledgement that a huge milestone has occured - but also a cautious (and caring - not hating) warning that perhaps some care needs to be taken that the weight doesn't drop off too fast because it does have a way of creeping back on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!