Help feel like giving up! ;o(

Options
Hi I only started 2 weeks ago and the 1st week I had 3 birthday's in the family including my own but I thought I did quite well would have like to have lost 1lb but no change. :o(

This week I lowered my goal to 1400 and have been under it every day sometimes as low 1200 plus exercising most nights and yet still no change. :o(

What is the point, why is it not even showing signs of working will drinking more help? Feel free to add me So you can see my food dairy.

Kirsty

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Hi I only started 2 weeks ago

What is the point, why is it not even showing signs of working will drinking more help? Feel free to add me So you can see my food dairy.

Kirsty

yes...drinking more will help...but beer is a poor choice, go with good vodka on the rocks.

seriously, eat more and grow some patience
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Be gentle with your self. It takes more then two weeks to get the weight off and to start feeling really healthy again. Do yourself a favor. Stick with this every day for 90 days and if your not feeling better we will gladly refund your misery.

Hang in the girl we can do this together.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP; this is a great place to get results on the road to health and fitness.
    Losing fat is actually very simple but just hard work.
    This is how MFP works
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/3-how-does-myfitnesspal-work
    And Tips for Newbies
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470367-tips-for-newbies
    Just get started by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for 1 lb weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Remember, this is not a race, and you can reach your goals if you stick to a good plan as recommended on this site.

You have many people here ready to lend support, answer qustions and discuss any challenges.
    You can do this.

All Is Possible!
  • STLaferty
    STLaferty Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi! As my cardiologist told me: I didn't put the weight on in a month and I won't take it off in a month!
    You are making great changes that ARE benefiting your body, right now! Just continue with your work outs- those are essential- and try weighing your self monthly rather that weekly. Good Luck!
  • livingrose
    livingrose Posts: 16
    Options
    Everyone has bad days/weeks/etc.

Don't beat yourself up over it, today is a new day.

Move more, walk when you can and use your common sense when it comes to food. And like other people have said, give it time.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! It won't be every week that you have so many birthdays. As you progress, you will notice your eating habits and choices change. It is a really long road but there are a lot of people here to support you and help keep you motivated (and vice versa!).

Take things one day at a time. If you have a bad day, it doesn't mean you have to have a bad week. Somebody raised a point about moving more and that is vital. Even if you don't feel like it (I often don't), dig yourself out of the sofa, mow the lawn, go for a walk. The exercise will soon add up!

Good luck and remember - one step at a time!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    impatient much??

there's plenty of factors that could play into you not losing. maybe you're not eating enough. I don't lose weight when I eat under 1500 calories. period.

Did you put on the weight you want to lose in a few weeks? No. So why are we being so impatient with losing it?? it takes time and if you're willing to give up after only a few weeks - then you just can't hang, and aren't really committed to losing weight and making a lifestyle change. A lifestyle change is the only way to lasting weight loss and success. It's true. If I gave up every time I got stuck, I wouldn't have lost 112.8lbs since January 2011.
  • karencogs
    karencogs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Be gentle with your self. It takes more then two weeks to get the weight off and to start feeling really healthy again. Do yourself a favor. Stick with this every day for 90 days and if your not feeling better we will gladly refund your misery.

Hang in the girl we can do this together.

Can I get a refund..LOL..Great Advise..You Rock..:)
  • Kirsty178
    Kirsty178 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't think I am going to lost 20lb over night but I would have thought at least 1/2 in a week was not to much to ask for as I am on the diet setting of 1 1/2 thinking it would get me going and change as I went. I am trying to exercise more. I know my intake is low but as I am not working and only leave the house to take my son to school I thought my daily use would be low.