giving it a shot

Options
I am a Pastor who has let things get a little out of control. Just the idea of signing up has given me new ownership. Looking forward to the journey with a few close friends. Good health everyone!

Replies

• junemiller
    junemiller Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What does you being a Pastor have to do with anything? You're taking control now. Good. You're doing something for yourself now. Good. Best of luck.
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    First thought that came to mind, was you poor thing I wonder how many luncheons, dinners, etc you get invited to every Sunday and yet you are trying to lose weight :). Losing weight is a discipline much like reading the Word. I'm hopefully that in your life that eating right and taking care of your vessel has become as important too. You can do this. Feel free to friend me as we could all use the positive reinforcement, right?
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    What does you being a Pastor have to do with anything? You're taking control now. Good. You're doing something for yourself now. Good. Best of luck.

Whoa there..relax a little. The OP was just providing a little personal info. Defensive much?

To the OP - good luck. Tons of great motivation on this site.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options

I think he is giving a little info about himself....obviously if he is a Pastor it's a large part of his life...sheesh
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Back when I was religious, food gluttony was the only sin they didn't preach against.:laugh:
    Anyway, good luck, and remember, ALL IS POSSIBLE!
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it's a great site!!!
  • HUNGRYHIPPO68
    HUNGRYHIPPO68 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Little strong I think ?? gosh poor man

Anyway to the Pastor welcome to club we are all trying to get there and get healthy wishing you luck on your journey
    Hugs Sarah
  • junemiller
    junemiller Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok, maybe I worded that badly. What I mean is..this is one part of your life where it's not only OK to think about yourself, but it's essential. This quest for a healthier YOU is about YOU and that's ok. Being a Pastor is about everyone else.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome, Pastor Greg! Great site, lots of good folks, and tons of inspiration!
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Lots of support from the members. I have been here three weeks and have steadly lost weight each week. Feel free to send me a freind request if you wish.
  • GregCrabtree
    Options
    Really no biggie, as stated earlier by an astute observer,serving is a big part of my life. Didn't mean to bring theology into the picture. I am second career and it is easy to let things go a little but I am done blaming other things for being overweight. I eat too much and don't exercise enough. That is my main point and I have to own that.
  • ncwall
    ncwall Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new extended family, I ahve been reading and learning blaminging and judging are both pointless but taking action is something we can do.. I wish you the best on your journey and feel free to add me happy to have more friends and support more people