Eat whatever you want

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i would LOVE to eat whatever i wanted, but unfortunately that means a lot of artificial sugars, enriched wheat flour, bread, popcorn, and wayyyy too much fats. thats not good for anyone. i need to make sure i get a wide variety of veggies and lean proteins, and healthy fats to keep my stomach from exploding into that `white carb and artificial sugar bloat` that i know too well. and eating whatever i wanted would really set me back, regardless of whatever calories it is.

plus eating healthy makes my skin GLOW radiance, the kind of radiance that isnt found from eating french fries and twizzlers (oh how i miss twizzlers HAHA!) so i am going to stay on this healthy road....if eating whatever you want works for you, then do it! i just want to be good to my body and eating whatever i want would not be good for me.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i would LOVE to eat whatever i wanted, but unfortunately that means a lot of artificial sugars, enriched wheat flour, bread, popcorn, and wayyyy too much fats. thats not good for anyone. i need to make sure i get a wide variety of veggies and lean proteins, and healthy fats to keep my stomach from exploding into that `white carb and artificial sugar bloat` that i know too well. and eating whatever i wanted would really set me back, regardless of whatever calories it is.

plus eating healthy makes my skin GLOW radiance, the kind of radiance that isnt found from eating french fries and twizzlers (oh how i miss twizzlers HAHA!) so i am going to stay on this healthy road....if eating whatever you want works for you, then do it! i just want to be good to my body and eating whatever i want would not be good for me.:blushing:
  • ichellebereel
    ichellebereel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    SO i truly think my new routine is going to be eat whatever i usually eat but just make sure its within my calorie range. The reason why im sticking to this is because for the pass 2 weeks my weight has been stuck in the 166lb range and i weighed myself today and im a flat 165lbs, thats a 1 lb lost.

The pass 4 days i been eating what i usually use to eat such as burgers, fries, cookies.. etc. and also exercising.

Before, i was eating healthy and logging it into mfp and i noticed i was slightly under my calorie range but i was full thus leaving me stuck at 166lbs.

So im going to follow this routine and see where it takes me.

Anyone else had this happen to them. ?/

Congrats on your 1 pound loss because if it is working for you, you keep it up!
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    SO i truly think my new routine is going to be eat whatever i usually eat but just make sure its within my calorie range. The reason why im sticking to this is because for the pass 2 weeks my weight has been stuck in the 166lb range and i weighed myself today and im a flat 165lbs, thats a 1 lb lost.

The pass 4 days i been eating what i usually use to eat such as burgers, fries, cookies.. etc. and also exercising.

Before, i was eating healthy and logging it into mfp and i noticed i was slightly under my calorie range but i was full thus leaving me stuck at 166lbs.

You do not have to eat clean just because some people think that is what you should do. You need to do what you can sustain long term. If that is eating what you want and just keeping it under your calorie goal, then do it!!! There are so many bullies on here, everyone is different.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I think that overall this is a good concept.

Now having said that, if you are literally eating cheeseburgers and french fries and cookies as your only food source, it's possible that you could have some micronutrient related issues doing this long-term. (Not to mention performance issues).

But if you're at least using some common sense, which to me means you're eating "mostly" healthy and nutrient dense foods, and you're ALSO eating "some" of the foods you enjoy like burgers and fries and ice cream, you'll be in a great spot for long term health and weight loss.
  • mrsmarion2b
    Options
    Not all calories are equal and that will most likely back fire on you. Not that you shouldn't indulge in your favorites but if you eat healthy food, the weight will come off better and faster more than likely. I find that giving up processed food is the best way.:smile::smile:

Agreed 100%
  • babypinky8489
    babypinky8489 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks and yes when I said eat whatever you want , I didn't mean like everyday. Plus when I do eat what I want I eat it in smaller portions and still managed to get that full feeling. Before I use to eat so much junk .. About 5 times per day different junk food and nothing was healthy. Since the start of this weigh loss journey I managed to cut out soda and if I have the urge to drink soda I'll drink a glass of juice,

Lol I guess people mistaken my post and thought eat whatever whenever. If do it eat whatever I want it always half of it or a portion of the serving size.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Thanks and yes when I said eat whatever you want , I didn't mean like everyday. Plus when I do eat what I want I eat it in smaller portions and still managed to get that full feeling. Before I use to eat so much junk .. About 5 times per day different junk food and nothing was healthy. Since the start of this weigh loss journey I managed to cut out soda and if I have the urge to drink soda I'll drink a glass of juice,

Lol I guess people mistaken my post and thought eat whatever whenever. If do it eat whatever I want it always half of it or a portion of the serving size.

I think your plan is a good one and you should do it.
  • babypinky8489
    Options
    For example.. Yesterday I had a half of a whopper jr, half of a small fries, and half of a 4 piece nuggets and still managed to be under 1200 cal. And I did my 30ds as well as cardio
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I think its kinda jumping the gun to adopt this "new" strategy based on one pound loss!!!

I know this wouldnt work for me, but to each their own, you can always try it, and if it doesn't work then at least you know what not to try next .....
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you just want to be skinny...go for it. If you want to be healthy and fit? You're not going to get there that way. You have heard of skinny fat people, right? You can eat more calories with healthy food, you just have to find the calorie dense foods (usually healthy fats - think of nuts!). I see nothing wrong with having some "unhealthy" foods now and again, but saying "I'll just eat smaller portions of really unhealthy food and still lose weight." Well, you may be right, but you have to decide if you want just weight loss or FAT LOSS as well.
  • babypinky8489
    Options
    If you just want to be skinny...go for it. If you want to be healthy and fit? You're not going to get there that way. You have heard of skinny fat people, right? You can eat more calories with healthy food, you just have to find the calorie dense foods (usually healthy fats - think of nuts!). I see nothing wrong with having some "unhealthy" foods now and again, but saying "I'll just eat smaller portions of really unhealthy food and still lose weight." Well, you may be right, but you have to decide if you want just weight loss or FAT LOSS as well.

yeah thats true, i see what youre saying. thanks.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options

I think your plan is a good one and you should do it.

I agree. That is how I lost most of my weight, and as time went on I found I enjoyed the more nutrient dense foods I never really liked before more, and incorporated them more in my eating because they also tend to be lower calorie for larger servings. For me a salad used to be drenched in dressing, now I just use a touch of it, and sometime don't put any on at all because I actually like the taste of the salad ingredients. I still eat what I want including fast food, but seek to generally keep it within my calories.
  • hotcocoa8
    hotcocoa8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I've lost 22 pounds eating the same foods that I've always eaten but in smarter portions. I have made some changes because they had to be made like eliminating soda from my diet, buying low fat or reduced fat items when they are available and eating less fast food. I still have an occasional cookie but they are so monstrously unhealthy that they normally destroy my calorie goals for the day. The most important thing in my mind is developing a routine that you will stick with when you've reached your goal. All the fad diets are just an effective way to yoyo on your weight which I've read is actually worse than being overweight. Burgers and fries all the time is probably a tricky game to play in weight loss and you'll probably find it has some setbacks, but if you can keep on track....who cares?

For the people that have totally converted their diet to a "healthy" diet.....bravo. For anyone else, just find what works for you and stick to it. You aren't going to live forever anyway, why not enjoy the ride along the way?
    Love you!! LOL.