1 lb away from goal weight... now what?

Options
2»

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I understand the "letdown" feeling, though my experience with it is not related to weight loss. Stick with me while I bring this story around to relevance...

I go through something like that every year. As a conference planner, I work on one major meeting a year, and when it happens, after the frenzy of activity, careful planning, and hard work that goes into making that convention "go off without a hitch", I experience what I call the "post-meeting blues". Every. Single. Year.

Something that helps me with this is to focus on another goal. Unrelated to the meeting. Unrelated to the goal I just achieved.

Perhaps you could take up a new hobby? Might sound silly, but you have put such energy into getting where you ARE that you need a new outlet for all of this energy, and that next fitness goal might not require as much energy, which means it will still feel like a letdown. What else are you passionate about?

Helping other MFP'ers reach THEIR goals? Writing about your success in a blog? Becoming a trainer at your gym?

In any case - Congratulations on (almost) reaching your goal, and for changing your lifestyle for the better! You are an inspiration to me!

I just wanted to say thank you for this post - and you make total sense! After training six months for my first half, I was almost depressed when it was over, as I felt lost and purposeless.

Thank you!!
  • BigWin20
    BigWin20 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So, I'm at a place I didn't really expect to be. I am 1 lb away from the "goal weight" I set. What now?

I am 6'1", and currently weigh 166lbs. According to the body fat calculator (using a tape measure), I still have a body fat percentage of 21%. If you look at my profile pics, though, that seems a bit high to me - I thought my body fat would have been lower, but maybe it's not? (is 21% good?).

So what now? Do I drop my goal weight by 5lbs? Do I strive for a lower body fat %? I'm the kind of person that needs SOME sort of goal, but oddly unsure what on earth to make it. :-P

Any suggestions?

First, based on that profile pic, I *highly* doubt you're at 21% body fat. I would guess you're somewhere closer to 15%, and maybe a little lower than that.

Second, how do you feel about where you are now? Take some of the cognition-goal-setting out of it, and ask yourself if you think you're where you'd like to be. If not, keep at it. If so, switch to maintenance mode.

And of course, nice work - from this guy's perspective, you look great.

100% agree!
  • gamjohn
    gamjohn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have to just say that I think we need to be friends :) I'm a 6'1" tall chica too! :) Love seeing another tall girl trying to figure all this out.
    I just had a discussion with my hubby tonight about what I will do when I hit my goal. Do I try to set another or go into maintenance. My goal weight right now is above where you are right now, but seeing your picture sure makes me want to push further and reach it. :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have to just say that I think we need to be friends :) I'm a 6'1" tall chica too! :) Love seeing another tall girl trying to figure all this out.
    I just had a discussion with my hubby tonight about what I will do when I hit my goal. Do I try to set another or go into maintenance. My goal weight right now is above where you are right now, but seeing your picture sure makes me want to push further and reach it. :)

Friend request on its way!!! Not often I have someone close to my age and height and gender! Lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!