PMS Bloat!

Options
lesliev523
lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
Ok... since I have been in my late 30's my PMS has gotten worse and worse... now it lasts almost two weeks where I feel gross and bloated and my breasts hurt HORRIBLY. I am not sure if taking a diuretic would be healthy..... I drink TONS of water all of the time, probably a gallon and a half a day. Do I drink less?

Today I am in so much pain... I know it will be better when I start my period, but I sick of feeling like this!

Ladies what do you suggest I do to be relieved of the bloat and the pain?

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    A gallon and a half of water is probably too much. Not sure if it's contributing to the bloat, but it wouldn't hurt to cut back. Just drink to hydration, so that your urine is almost clear. More is not always better.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Gross.
  • lesliev523
    Options
    I just drink that throughout the day.... I kind of do that mindlessly. In the summer I spend a lot of time outside and in the sun.... so I tend to hydrate a lot. I will try to cut down to see if that helps....
  • gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Midol might help. I bloat really bad too. Usually a 2 pound gain. But drinking a lot of water and salt make it much worse.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Sounds odd but high intensity exercise. It will release water weight and induce mood enhancing endorphins.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I would go and see your doctor, there may be something they can suggest. There may be some supplement you could take that would help? Not sure, but seem to remember evening primrose oil is supposed to help. Would get some professional advice though
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Don't cut water out especially since you're outside. Dehydrate or bloating?. If you're having severe pms you should see your doctor, that's the only person who can give you proper advice.
    I hope you feel better soon!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    IUD was the best thing I have ever done. I don't get PMS but about every 6 mos and otherwise I don't really have periods. I was having a really, really hard time w/my periods and that's the reason for my IUD. When you can't leave the house it's time to do something.
  • lesliev523
    Options
    That would be great... but I am already "fixed" ! LOL
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I would not decrease your water, you are losing a lot of fluids with your period... taking a diuretic is up to you... Is shouldn't hurt, but being a nurse I have to say that you should always talk to you doctor first:) I am 30 and have PCOS and have been on my period for a month now, ever since I started working out.... I know what you are going through, and it stinks!!! Good LUck!