How hard is to loose 15 pounds??

Options
2»

Replies

• tiki1078
    tiki1078 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What are you doing for your workouts? Is it the same routine everyday?

I know for me, I have to switch things up @ least every two weeks. Otherwise my body just gets stuck. Also, when I am doing more strenous strength work, I tend to add more protein. Everyone is different and what works for some doesn't work for others so you have to find what works best for you. Just keep working at it until you find that "thing" that works.
  • Alexwinterclap
    Alexwinterclap Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...sounds pretty good. I'd add a last snack since your fasting blood sugar will drop you off at the end of the day and you'll be more hungry (That is your body will desire more) in the morning and good regular blood sugar is important to physical peak. I'm curious what your nutritional intake is. I mean to say, what types of nutritional value do you get with the protein carb mix? maybe there is a deficiency there of some sort. In all honesty our bodies tend to respond differently to different things. So, it could simply be you are near your fitness peak and as we all know it's harder to get fit the more fit we are. :-) Whats your body fat percentage? Is there a clue there? Anyway - from here it seems pretty good. Something somewhere is keeping ya up though. Just wondering what. Do you test your glycogen levels ever? It could be that your body is holding on to weight because your glycogen stores run low due to your intake? (btw, only one piece of fruit seems low - and if it's a high glycemic index fruit that makes it worse. How many grams of sugar per day do you eat?)

I realize there is a lot of questions here. But it's interesting you struggle when you seemingly are doing very well...

Martin
  • Alexwinterclap
    Options
    Oh! So one other thing...have you considered (or do you already) take supplements for nutritional augmentation? If there is a deficiency there it would help. I use Spirulina and from time to time I've used Green Coffee bean extract. it's a food that's been proven via research to lower body fat and weight in participants over several weeks even when they don't change exercise or eating habits. it increase metabolism and helps keep glucose levels regulated - both keys in weight management and loss or fitness. Just a thoughts.

I also use Acidopholus for digestion and some herbal supplements just to balance me out. THe foods we eat normally are so depleted of nutrition that it helps you know?

Okay - enough babbling...
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    These are the macros I switched to a week ago...

1545cals/day
    Carb 135g
    Fat 60g
    Prot 116g

I use to do pretty similar, but on 1700 cals a day... with no results. The nutritionist told me to keep the sugars/ fruit only to the morning... Sometimes I snack on a greek yogurt as the last snack of the day (and also because sometimes I need sthg sweet!)

I weight 138 pounds (in my best days), and my height is 5'5. I don't remember exactly my body fat... but I think is somewhere in between 125-126
  • Alexwinterclap
    Options

1545cals/day
    Carb 135g
    Fat 60g
    Prot 116g

I use to do pretty similar, but on 1700 cals a day... with no results. The nutritionist told me to keep the sugars/ fruit only to the morning... Sometimes I snack on a greek yogurt as the last snack of the day (and also because sometimes I need sthg sweet!)

I weight 138 pounds (in my best days), and my height is 5'5. I don't remember exactly my body fat... but I think is somewhere in between 125-126

so - from this peak, for a few weeks1200-1300 with a mix up of calories throughout the week, plus a drop in carbs to about 100, add in fruit throughout the day (I think limiting to morning is for no good reason at all) remember your body needs glycogen to burn all day. Fruit is a good way to get there. Protein seems okay. 138 is actually pretty good though. Especially if there is muscle mass. Are you sure this isn't some veiled attempt as showing off? :-)

Regards,

Me...(Martin)
  • Argent78
    Options

1545cals/day
    Carb 135g
    Fat 60g
    Prot 116g

so - from this peak, for a few weeks1200-1300 with a mix up of calories throughout the week, plus a drop in carbs to about 100, add in fruit throughout the day (I think limiting to morning is for no good reason at all) remember your body needs glycogen to burn all day. Fruit is a good way to get there. Protein seems okay. 138 is actually pretty good though. Especially if there is muscle mass. Are you sure this isn't some veiled attempt as showing off? :-)

Regards,

Me...(Martin)

Ha! No :-) actually, I know it is good, but my problem is that I store my fat in very localized places... so, it would be perfect if it was spread all over the body, but it is all in my hips... which honestly makes me look/ feel fat :-(
    I'll try your advice! :)
    About the sugars, the nutritionist explained me that the reason to keep fruits to the morning is because that would keep my sugar in blood at a constant level, avoiding spikes which would make me crave more sugar (sthg like that as far as I remember)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Make sure you diary is set to 1/2lb per week and you should aim for 50-75% of your exercise calories. The last 10-20 lbs take a long time. Also, if you have started weight training, you need to.

thanks!

Yes, I do cardio 4 times a week, and weight train 3 times a week (I do them the same day). I´s definitely stronger, and definitely feel great about it... I know my beatiful muscles are hidding below my last pounds :(

Try to do one or the other. Mixing heavy cardio and strength training can lead a body competing for resources when repairing.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    well your diary is closed, that makes it tough to give good recommendations. Are you eating enough? At only about 15 pounds to lose, you should probably be aiming for 1/2 a week and therefore eating more calories.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Btw, you are at a healthy weight so you should concentrate on cutting fat which means heavy lifting (max 6-8 reps). Why dont you try a program like strong lift 5x5 3 days a week and do 1 day of cardio. 1600-1700 calories if a healthy range for you as well.
  • Argent78
    Options
    Btw, you are at a healthy weight so you should concentrate on cutting fat which means heavy lifting (max 6-8 reps). Why dont you try a program like strong lift 5x5 3 days a week and do 1 day of cardio. 1600-1700 calories if a healthy range for you as well.

I'm doing this "heavy lifting (max 6-8 reps)". But I'm also doing the cardio... thanks for the advice, I'll try to keep them separated. It is hard though becaue I really don't have much time, so going 4 times a week is already a lot... so I have no choice than combining them. I'll try maybe to add another day
  • Alexwinterclap
    Options

1545cals/day
    Carb 135g
    Fat 60g
    Prot 116g

Regards,

Me...(Martin)

Ha! No :-) actually, I know it is good, but my problem is that I store my fat in very localized places... so, it would be perfect if it was spread all over the body, but it is all in my hips... which honestly makes me look/ feel fat :-(
    I'll try your advice! :)
    About the sugars, the nutritionist explained me that the reason to keep fruits to the morning is because that would keep my sugar in blood at a constant level, avoiding spikes which would make me crave more sugar (sthg like that as far as I remember)

Re: sugars...I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but perhaps that's the problem with the advice you got from the nutrionalist. Everything I've heard from doctors to trainers, to everything I've read (and in my personal experience) says sugar spikes have only to do with the type of index the food you have eats, plus your bodies ability to absorb, PLUS the "accoutrements" you eat as well. That is...sustaining regulated blood sugar throughout the day in vital to health. And that does NOT mean cutting out fruits throughout the day, say, in particular. Even with Diabetic conditions, things like bananas are permissible beyond morning. And that is in a much more toxic environment that you have...

1. eat sugars throughout the day with low glycemic index (fruits or otherwise - some fruits are very very low so that makes the advice about mornings only a bit false)
    2. Make sure sugars are naturally occurring, not added. The added sugars are the troubling part.
    3. Your body has a natural insulin response based on your body fat, your muscle mass and the index of food, plus the other things rolling around in you so...
    4. Make sure your diet contains natural response mechanisms for blood sugar regulation such as Stevia (from the root - not the cheap stuff grocers sell), cinnamon, Apple Cider vinegar, Pickles, proteins, foods such as Quinoa and beans, things like that.
    5. The fact is you can eat throughout the day fruit, veggies or whatever and spikes won't affect you since your body desires sugar for burns throughout the day. That may be the thing holding you back. Your starving your body of the glycogen it needs for proper metabolism and burn during workouts so it stores the fat as a cautionary step.

Make sense. Be warned...I'm not a doctor, nor a nutritionaist. I only have dealt with blood sugar stuff expensively for a while and run around with many many trainers, nutrionalists and such in a pretty tight health and fitness circle. As they say - it's not what you know, it's who you know and who they know. :-)
  • psuLemon
    Options

I'm doing this "heavy lifting (max 6-8 reps)". But I'm also doing the cardio... thanks for the advice, I'll try to keep them separated. It is hard though becaue I really don't have much time, so going 4 times a week is already a lot... so I have no choice than combining them. I'll try maybe to add another day

Im not suggesting go to the gym more, just cut cardio. I worked with a woman on here (36 yr olf, 155 lbs, 28% body fat) amd i had her only do weight training for 12 weeks and 0 cardio. She ate 2100 calories on wt days and 1800 on rest days. She lost 4% body fat in 12 weeks. So in hopea of changing things for a benefit, only do weight training at the gym. And for cardio, just try to walk more during your day. Take thw stairs more, park further away, etc....

If you try this and eat 1600-1700 calories you might see progress.
  • Argent78
    Options

Im not suggesting go to the gym more, just cut cardio. I worked with a woman on here (36 yr olf, 155 lbs, 28% body fat) amd i had her only do weight training for 12 weeks and 0 cardio. She ate 2100 calories on wt days and 1800 on rest days. She lost 4% body fat in 12 weeks. So in hopea of changing things for a benefit, only do weight training at the gym. And for cardio, just try to walk more during your day. Take thw stairs more, park further away, etc....

If you try this and eat 1600-1700 calories you might see progress.

thanks!
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My 15 lb journey is hard for me....I am at a plateau, and it has been 3.5 months since I started...but everyone is different.
  • Argent78
    Options
    My 15 lb journey is hard for me....I am at a plateau, and it has been 3.5 months since I started...but everyone is different.

Still you look AMAZING!
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hm... I didn't know it was possible to "loose" lbs at all...

But if you meant lose ;) well, it depends on how hard you work, your diet, your exercise, etc.

I lost 15 in about 2 months eating right and exercising 6 days a week.
  • Argent78
    Options
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeel I think you got the idea, right? if you didn't notice english is not my first language... but I'm darn proud of my communication skills
  • Argent78
    Options
    Hm... I didn't know it was possible to "loose" lbs at all...

But if you meant lose ;) well, it depends on how hard you work, your diet, your exercise, etc.

I lost 15 in about 2 months eating right and exercising 6 days a week.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeel I think you got the idea, right? if you didn't notice english is not my first language... but I'm darn proud of my communication skills