Polar HRM gets stuck at 201

Options
This is the 3rd time my HR on my HRM has gotten stuck at 201bpm any suggestions on what to do? I have to stop it and start it over for it to monitor my HR correctly again (and no my HR isn't really 201 lol)

Replies

• abbieobrien
    abbieobrien Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine used to stick but it hasnt done it since I changed the battery.
  • naprestsleep
    naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    2nd a battery change and make sure the strap is wet. Also look into clothes causing issues, read a post that some of the wicking fabric and such cause static which messes with the HRM, I have seen mine act weird from time to time.
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Did you try washing the strap?
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    When I had issues with mine...

#1) rule out interference.

#2) wash the strap and if you have the water resistant transmitter, wash it as well, and wash the watch itself.

#3) make sure strap is moist (and if you have the snap on transmitter, make sure snaps are nice and dry to start).

I did the washing and wetting and mine cleared up and has worked since. If not, I'd say #4) battery change.

:)
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    I have had the same problem with 2 POLAR HRM's. I have been in touch with Polar Tech support and here's what they say. Depending on which strap you have...If you have the one with the fabric mesh, rinse after every workout with warm water and hang dry. Every week, wash the strap in the washing machine (in a mesh bag), and hang dry. Clean the contact points weekly with a toothbrush. If you have the one with rubber sensors, do all above except DO NOT wash in the washing machine. Wear the strap VERY tight.

When mine gets stuck, what I do is run my thumb under the strap quickly and this usually resets it. That way you don't have to stop your workout data.

If it keeps happening, go on Polar's website. There you can Live Chat with a support person. They will usually send you a new strap and wearlink for free.
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    Oh yeah, you also need to make sure strap is moist.
  • petemeep
    petemeep Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks I've been wetting the strap and rinsing it and did put it through the washer the other day and I don't think it should be the battery because I've only had it a couple of months. Maybe I'm not wetting it enough before I put it on I'll try using more water then and see if that helps any.

What types of things can cause interference?
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Thanks I've been wetting the strap and rinsing it and did put it through the washer the other day and I don't think it should be the battery because I've only had it a couple of months. Maybe I'm not wetting it enough before I put it on I'll try using more water then and see if that helps any.

What types of things can cause interference?

computers, iPods, vehicles, wireless routers, etc. Anything with electronic waves I guess.

Have you washed the actual transmitter and watch?