Do you workout everyday?

Options
2»

Replies

• dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Try to do cardio (running or elliptical) every day. Strength training every other day.
  • AlexPaige
    AlexPaige Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I workout daily, but I try not to go all out each day. I usually do four intense days, two moderate day and one day where I'm active but not high intensity (ie-do an ab workout video). Your body needs rest so it's best not to go balls to the wall every day, lest you want to injure yourself or run the risk of doing so!
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    I think if you can workout about 4-5 times a week for about 1-2 hours each time...that is plenty...if you overdo it you will burnout and be susceptible to injuries like tendinitis or muscle aches which can hamper future progress. Take it easy on off days and relax your body and mind so that you will be ready to go on the days that you workout. Have a great day,

this and it can cause overtraining if you push to hard.
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I do strength training three days a week, strenuous cardio and a little core work twice a week. On off days, I still take my dog for ~30 minute walks at a moderate pace, but those are still rest days. The body has no problem recovering from light cardio like that. Our bodies weren't made to sit in desks and couches all day, after all. But you just don't want to push yourself too hard that your body gets no time to recover.
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity. I walk on my recovery/rest days. Nothing strenuous and not too long. Just to avoid laying around all day.
  • HorganMom3
    HorganMom3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Today is my 90th day on mfp, and my 61rst day of p90x. At first I didn't take rest days either. It is hard!! I didn't want to; I was afraid that if I rested for that one day I'd want to rest for another, and another. But, if you take a look around, those who are taking advantage of those rest days are losing weight faster, getting tone quicker, and getting even healthier. Your heart is a muscle and it needs to relax too. That's not saying you can't do anything on your rest day. A nice leisurely walk, doing a sport with friends and family, etc., but you need to relax and let your body do the same. Start out doing the stretch with p90x and you'll feel the difference!!
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    i do turbo jam 6 days a week. saturday is my rest day. i need a rest day especially for my knees i do alot of kicking.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I work out Monday-Saturday unless I need to get into work early or there are bones in my body crying in aches and pain :) On those days I listen to my body and just stroll for at least 30 minutes.

Sunday is for Church & Family.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week... I diffently take a rest day, usually sunday. The body needs that, but I'm not just laying around. Just getting out and doing anything on my rest, like cutting the grass, walking, playing golf. Just something easy, but I'm not going to push hard on my rest day.. You don't want to over train which you can do going hard 7 days a week. That'll lead to injury and burnout. Niether are good..
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week, generally. RIght now I'm doing Insanity. Prior to that I was doing 3 days a week of lifting and 3 days of cardio.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    My gym has inconvenient class times during the weekend, so I usually take those 2 days off to rest. Its tough because that means I have to watch my calories extra close on days I usually go out doing things with friends.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I do short workouts everyday because it helps me deal with my recovery process. But if you're working out everyday for weight loss, I think they say it's better to workout a couple days a week, not everyday. A couple of weeks ago, I was trying to wean myself off from exercising everyday and I didn't exercise for two days and I magically lost 2.5lbs, it's important to give your body time to recover too.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    60 minutes of strength training on Mon, Wed and Fri.

Bike outside on the other days at a moderate speed of 10-12 mph for 30-40 mins.