Four years, from 114 lbs to 158 lbs

Options
peachyxoxoxo
peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
I'm still a work in progress but I have come so far, especially in the last half year. In high school I was basically anorexic (first two pics on the left). That's me on spring break my junior year in 2008 then at my junior prom, 114 lbs. I can't believe how fragile and bony I was. Several years later after falling into the terrible habits of binge eating and purging, that's me at 160 lbs. Taken last Halloween.

The final picture was taken a few days ago. Believe it or not... that's 158 lbs (only 2 lbs less than previous photo, but after 7 months of cardio and lifting 3x a week plus two weeks of Insanity. I'm also binge/purge free for 24 days right now. I am excited to see how I look and feel by the time I'm done with Insanity, but I know that even right now I've already made some great progress! I never thought I'd be as happy about my body as I am right now, even though I'm not at my goal body yet. Just know that you can overcome anything... I've struggled so much but I've come so far.

Ypsy4.png

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I realize this is not a typical success story considering I GAINED weight haha but I guess I feel like it's a success because I know I am so much healthier right now than I've ever been before.
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You are a classic example to everyone who works out hard and gets smaller but obsesses over the numbers on the scale not changing. You look fabulous and great work building all that muscle!
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on your hard work to get healthy, both mentally and physically! Keep up the good work.
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    so glad you are getting healthier, you look great!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome achievement!!!!! You look fantastic and very healthy!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look awesome!! So thankful you are binge/purge free for 24 days!! That is amazing! Keep up your great work! Blessings!!!! <><
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I realize this is not a typical success story considering I GAINED weight haha but I guess I feel like it's a success because I know I am so much healthier right now than I've ever been before.

It's absolutely a success! Way to go!
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Nope, you are wrong. You ARE success story. You recognized your habits, you changed your life style, and you look great as a result.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    OMG, this is the best post I've seen darlin, you just validated what I came to believe today and posted about it! It isn't about the scale, it's about our tone and shape!! Thanks so much for posting this!! You are gorgeous and you are amazing, and HEALTHY, YAHOOOOOO!!

• Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you have done really well and look great - keep up the good work.
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. This is a huge success story, be very proud!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Congratulations.
  • Traceyrohrer
    Traceyrohrer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!! You look amazing, can tell your working hard. Keep up the hard work it is really paying off.
  • munny_p
    munny_p Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look awesome.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You look so much healthier! well done hun, great work! Good luck with the rest of your journey! x
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    This is a true success story if I've ever seen one. Success isn't about gaining or losing weight neccessarily, it's about being healthy. Good for you for overcoming your challenges, you look fantastic. Keep it up!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic. I'm sure you had to fight very hard to make it here. Well done, huge success!
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Great, great post. Shows how being active and treating your body the right way is best for you. Very atypical post but this is a great accomplishment for you and I am happy you are brave enough to post your story. Awesome job, you look wonderfuL!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    What a great success story! Yes, that is reason to celebrate - hold your head up and be very proud of yourself. Well done! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!