How often does everyone weigh in?

Options

Replies

• datboiastar
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week in the morning after i use the bathroom but before I eat and drink water. It is what works for me.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Once a week on friday mornings :)
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in on Saturdays.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week. Unless for some reason I show a gain on weigh in day then I tend to peek in later.

Like last week it showed I gained 3 lbs (thursdays are my days) so Saturday I jumped back on the scale again and was another lb down.

Idk how my parents do it though...they only weigh in once a month!!!
  • Taylor0212
    Taylor0212 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Although many people think its bad (and it can be if you are obsessive) I weigh myself probably 5 out of the 7 days. That way, if my weight increases for a few days in a row, I know im doing something wrong. However, it does not mean that I freak out and not eat if I gain a pound one day. Also, I weigh myself at the same time every day, in the morning before breakfast!

Hope this helps :)

p.s feel free to add me!
  • neryloo
    neryloo Posts: 5
    Options
    When I started my journey 2 months ago I used to weigh myself every week, but seeing the number stay the same would discourage me, and i was becoming addicted to the scale. I realized the number wasn't moving because I was gaining muscle and even though my pants were looser i was still bummed about that damn scale telling me I weighed the same, so I now just weigh myself once a month and measure myself once a month as well and this has helped me immensely!
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Saturday is my check-in day. I weigh myself twice on these days and take the lowest weight. (Obsessive, I know!) I weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom then again after I've showered. I always weigh 1 pound less after I shower! Why is that??? I know I'm not washing off one pound of dirt!
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    Saturday is my check-in day. I weigh myself twice on these days and take the lowest weight. (Obsessive, I know!) I weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom then again after I've showered. I always weigh 1 pound less after I shower! Why is that??? I know I'm not washing off one pound of dirt!

LOL! I always heard if you weigh after a shower you would be heavier because of the water retained on our skin and in our hair! But, obsessive, NO! I'm weighing every morning, but only tracking on Friday mornings. I do it every day so I know if I make a mistake the day before I can correst it fast so I don't go off track!
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    Although many people think its bad (and it can be if you are obsessive) I weigh myself probably 5 out of the 7 days. That way, if my weight increases for a few days in a row, I know im doing something wrong. However, it does not mean that I freak out and not eat if I gain a pound one day. Also, I weigh myself at the same time every day, in the morning before breakfast!

Hope this helps :)

p.s feel free to add me!

I agree, I like to know if I messed up the day before so I can correct it fast!
  • kimberly130
    kimberly130 Posts: 166
    Options
    Hi, I weigh in once a week, usually on a Thursday because it keeps me on track while at the office knowing i have to weigh in and im conscious of my food choices. I found myself doing it every day too but would get really frustrated (especially when I was PMSing. major water gain) There are so many factors that can make you gain or loose (for me) +- 5lb! Eventually I would weigh in once a month, I joined challenges and they would usually be a month long so I would do a before, middle & after too. Just keeps you focused and not go crazy!

good luck on your journey and welcome to MFP!!!!
  • ncbill
    ncbill Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday i did get depressed when my weight stayed the same for a month im recording my weight and measurements in a calendar so today I'm 2.5 pounds heavier than yesterday but my measurement are all the same so maybe I'm just bloating LOL seriously it helps either with motivation or understanding depending if I'm getting bigger where I dont want to and gaining weight or staying the same size and gaining wieght preferably I'd be getting smaller and heavier would equal building muscle
  • caseyclark3
    Options
    I started about 2 weeks ago. I like to weigh everyday just because, even if I only lose .2 or .4, it gives me motivation. I know that daily weight can fluctuate a lot but I like to do it anyway.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Get up > toilet > scale. I don't obsess over the number, but I still want to know what it is.

this is exactly what I do. I only "check in" when it goes down lol
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I know. This is so freaky. I never understand why. I may go to Google for help on this one. :) But if you figure this out, could you drop me a line? I'd love to know :)

OK. I just found out the answer.. :) It actually makes sense.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Chemistry-including-Biochemistry-1355/warm-objects-weigh.htm
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I weigh in about twice a week but only record once a week when I take all my measurements. I find it too discouraging if I weigh in too often and gain even just a pound.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, not to obsess over the number, but because I'm just beginning and have so much to lose and am dropping it pretty quickly for now, so seeing the subtle day-to-day difference on the scale is a mood booster. I'm only going to log on Mondays and significant differences mid-week. Once I start losing the weight at a slower pace I'm only planning to weigh myself on Mondays.
  • Maddielen
    Maddielen Posts: 23
    Options
    Don't get hung up with the scale - it will doom you. Weigh in no more than once a week. Stay focused on nutrition and exercise and not the weigh in. You'll do much better in the long run.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily upon awaking before eating or drinking but after a good morning pooh.:drinker:
    And I record any gains the instant I enter a newer, lower number.
    EXAMPLE: If I was 199.9, then saw my weight creeping down day after day, I would not record a new weight on MFP until that scale said 198.9.
    And I record 198....and so on....
    Makes it more fun for me, but some people who stress out over the scale would go insane doing this.
    I get it.
    To each his own.
    I also track progress with bodyfat. Weight is not the whole picture, and the scale can lie as badly as the man in the mirror.
    You can check here for free: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
    Something else to obsess over? Not al all.
    Remember, you rule the numbers - not the other way around.
    Have a great day!
  • stephaniejjenkins
    stephaniejjenkins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week! Good Luck on your weight loss journey!
  • dragonc321
    dragonc321 Posts: 33
    Options
    I weigh in every day and write it down BUT I only record my Monday weigh in on MFP and use that as what I've actually lost for that week. So far it has worked out to 1 lb/ week. I still like to see how my weight fluctuates daily whether gained or lost and match that against how I ate on a daily basis.