My First NSV - The "Sausage" Shirt

Options
So I have had this shirt that, for the last four years or so, has lived in the back of my closet, mocking me. I had bought the wrong size by mistake and when I got it home and realized my error, I never got around to taking it back to the store and getting the bigger size. I tried it on, and my husband and I both agreed that it made me look like a horrible, light blue, stuffed sausage. Thus we dubbed it "The Sausage Shirt."

Ever since, that shirt has been hanging in my closet; a grim reminder of what I had not yet achieved. A few months back, I tried it on again and, again, it mocked me and clung mercilessly to the wrong curves. I put it back on the hanger, gritted my teeth and thought to myself, "One of these days..."

Well that day has come. I put that damn shirt on today and I did not look like a sausage. I looked good. Finally.

Guess what I am wearing to my next night out with the girlfriends? You got it, the Sausage Shirt. Of course, now I will have to call it something else...

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
    Pleased for you
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You can call it the "I ROCK" shirt. Excellent job!!!
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options

This

and way to go!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Woo!!!!!! The hottie shirt! :)
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    I agree with this or the "Rock It" shirt. Great job isn't that such a good feeling?
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love it! I have a couple pair of capri pants that I bought last summer. Got home, tried them on, and of course, they didn't fit. Too embarrassed to take them back, and my legs looked like HUGE ham hocks. This summer, THEY FIT!!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I would still call it the sausage shirt.. Just a reminder of how far you have come.. I can't tell you how many "sausage shirts" i have. lol Great job!!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Aww that is an awesome NSV!!! Bet you look damn good in it too!! :bigsmile: Way to go!!!
  • jaqiswany
    jaqiswany Posts: 76
    Options
    Well done you....Ive got loads of items like that ...I live in hope :-)
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the great work!!!
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    So awesome!! I think it's new name should be the "success" shirt!
  • my_year2011
    my_year2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I had a shirt like that too, but finally it fits and now it's too big. lol I like the "I ROCK!" shirt, great new name! Keep up the good work!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    haha i love this NSV. great work!!
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I like the I Rock shirt too. Can't wait til the next NSV - they are as addicting as potato chips, only they taste about a million times better!! :)