BEER?

Options
ZiezieO
ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
So, if anyone knows me from other posts, my guy just got home from his big man trip. Now that he is home, our local friends want to go out/grill out. I'd like to enjoy a beer or two.

My question is: What kinds of beer are "better" since I know drinks in general are full of carbs and calories and other things.
I DO NOT LIKE BUD ANYTHING if I wanted to drink pee, well.... I wouldn't. I llike IPA's, Imported beers, and pale ales. I especially like the New Glaurs since it's made locally and handcrafted to perfection. However, I'm in a pinch and need to go pick up something!!!

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Dechutes Mirror Pond is 170 calories.
  • crimson_seven
    Options
    I'm a Guinness girl, but I Googled and found this website that may help

http://fitbie.msn.com/lose-weight/tips/8-tasty-beers-won-t-grow-your-gut
  • erinn43
    erinn43 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine sent me this article that had all the beer calories listed. Surprisingly- GUINESS was the best one for you. I will see if I can find it. I try to stick with lite beers personally.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I love Guinness, but I love dark beers. Drinking a Guinness when you are a pale ale gal is kind of a shock to the system.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Guiness is the best of the REAL beers. I have been drinking Miller 64 which isn't bad. Kinda like water with beer flavoring but I don't feel guilty having 4 of them and they are refreshing.
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am a beer girl!!! I love all beer and I don't discriminate! My fiance and I go to beer festivals, brew our own beer and have been to different breweries to help brew beer for weekends. BUT... when I needed to shed close to 20 pounds this spring/summer I switched to Michelob Ultra. The biggest difference isn't so much the calories (92 calories per 12 ounce serving) it's the carbohydrates! Just to compare:

Michelob Ultra - 95 calories, 2.6 grams carbs
    Miller Lite - 96 calories, 3.2 grams carbs
    Sam Adams Boston Lager - 160 calories, 18 grams carbs

Not a big difference between the lite beers but regular and lite- wow!

Either way, I'm still gonna enjoy a frosty one!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I'm out then because I like Bud Light with Lime. And guess I don't drink pee since I don't know what that tastes like. Not judging you if you do. Carry on.
  • dogberry3
    dogberry3 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm sure by now you've already had your grill out but if you are only going to drink 1 or 2 I would drink the ones you like since your calories would be under 400 for pretty much any of them. Just sacrifice eating things like the potato salad or pasta salad and stick to the lean proteins like chicken or shrimp. I took skewers of marinated Shrimp, mushrooms and onions to a July 4th BBQ and felt quite satisfied with my diet soda as my cheat. But if you really want a couple beers just consider this your cheat day and go right back to what you should be doing the next day.

24687463.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter