deit soda ??

Options
Im wondering if diet soda is good or bad for you?? Doesit help people lose weight or gain weight??

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I gave up sodas years ago as I just don't trust these chemicals.
    It's a personal choice.
    Everybody knows that pure water is better anyway, so I drink water with lemon juice and green tea.
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    There are conflicting studies by the FDA and the EFSA on the effects of aspartame (the ingredient in all diet products) and whether or not it’s a carcinogen. However, new studies suggest that artificial sweeteners, such as aspartame, actually confuse the hypothalamus (governing control center of the endocrine system) and can actually trigger the production of Orexin/Ghrelin (the “I’m Hungry” hormones) which in turn would make you eat more. So I would recommend staying away from diet soda and any product containing aspartame unless you would enjoy eating more. Personally, I would stick to water, un-sweet tea, and black coffee.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    there is a lot of conflicting opinions and evidence right now.
    If you must have it because there is no substitute, try drinking it and see if you lose weight,
    if no cut back a little and see if you lose weight then. If not it's probably something you should focus on cutting out.
    It you do lose weight, then continue to drink it in moderation.
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Personally I use to drink diet soda all of the time. I gave it up completely after reading a report that artificial sweeteners trigger, just like sugar, to crave more sugar. I really feel like it helped with my cravings and to shed weight. Haven't had a sip since April of this year.