I hate being a woman sometimes!

2»

Replies

• twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Not only is it harder for us to lose fat around belly, thighs, etc. but once a month we get to feel totally bloated and disgusting!!! I've had the WORST cravings the last few days for nothing but candy and sweets (and I've had NO self control), I've gone over my calories like, 3 days in a row, all my pants are tight from bloating and I haven't been great about exercising because I feel like crap!

Does anyone else suffer like I do every single month?! What can I do to help myself stop wishing I was a guy?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

You have wrote my life for the past few days! All it has been is chocolate here I come! And the munchies are unbelieveable!
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    I :heart: my birth control pills. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

The terrible cramps and long periods of my younger years disappeared completely when I started taking it at 18. I remember being 13 and doubled over thinking: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?! THIS IS NOT FAIR!!! :angry:

I still get moody things a little bit, but not nearly the degree that I see other people go to. Sometimes I will randomly get emotional about something (usually something like a sad scene in a movie or on tv) and I feel tears welling up and then stop and think "ohhhh... it must be almost that time again." :laugh: I get the food cravings like crazy, but other than that periods are not that big of a deal at all anymore.

However, I still like to remind my husband that it is NOT FAIR every so often so he won't forget my womanly suffering and how lucky he is. :laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    I :heart: my birth control pills. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I am fairly certain that your husband loves those pills as much if not more than you do! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: *ducks and runs for cover as all the, lovely I might add, women in this thread attempt flog me for posting in this thread* :bigsmile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Oh no he didn't !!!! lol :laugh:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    One good thing about menopause - - no periods. :bigsmile:

And I for one am soooooooooooo happy. :drinker:
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member

Oh yes he di-id!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559

Oh yes he di-id!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member

Oh yes he di-id!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think you are doing recon for the otherside....take the information and use it wisely
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    I must be the worst woman ever! There are months when I actually forget that I'm on my period.

I don't have PMS or those cravings women get during/before their period. A good friend of mine has big problems stemming from her period and she gets upset when I don't understand or don't have midol on my person if she forgets hers at home.

However, a few years ago the patch gave me my first mood swings. I had to stop the birth control for my boyfriend's sanity.

Sure I have cramps and bloating but it's not debilitating- I'm still able to go to the gym and workout and get through my day.

Anyone else not have problems being a woman?
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    One good thing about menopause - - no periods. :bigsmile:

And I for one am soooooooooooo happy. :drinker:

And I for one am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!
  • nik433
    nik433 Posts: 57
    Well it's nice to know I'm in good company around here :drinker:

Now that I'm finished being bloated and emotional, I can more rationally think about my situation. I still believe it's not fair, however, it's really not the cramps and bloating that debilitate my diet. Actually, after I'm all through and the bloating is gone it's almost exciting to see the skinnier me again! :wink:

What kills me every time is the cravings! I have NO self control and all I can think about are sweets. Any such thing as a calorie free sugary snack? Hahahaha. I don't get very many calories per day so for the most part I don't have much left over for the sweets I so desire. Needless to say I go way over.

Any help for the sweet cravings??:ohwell:

Oh who am I kidding....I ALWAYS have sweet cravings, I just have less self control during that week...hahahaha